This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2013 11:38 PM by 902286 RSS

Multiple Weblogic server instances on Windows Server 2008 R2-64 bit machine

902286 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I have a requirement wherein I have to install multiple weblogic server instances that host different applications on the same virtual machine.
The technical requirements of those applications specified the compatible versions of weblogic Sevrers corresponding to each application like below:

Application A - compatible Weblogic Server version - 10.3.3 or 10.3.4
Application B - compatible Weblogic Server version - 10.0 MP 2
Application C - compatible Weblogic Server version - 10.3.3

Can I install weblogic servers (10.3.3,10.3.4 and 10.0 MP 2) on single machine(Windows Server 2008 R2-64 bit machine) so that they can host above applications individually and start the applications simultaneously without any conflicts(port or any problems)?

As this requirement has technical constraints(version and operating system),I need somebody's help to decide about having multipl weblogic instances.

Thanks in advance

I hope I will get the reply as soon as possible

Edited by: 899283 on Mar 4, 2013 12:17 AM
  • 1. Re: Multiple Weblogic server instances on Windows Server 2008 R2-64 bit machine
    RenévanWijk Oracle ACE
    "Can I install weblogic servers (10.3.3,10.3.4 and 10.0 MP 2) on single machine(Windows Server 2008 R2-64 bit machine) so that they can host above applications individually and start the applications simultaneously without any conflicts(port or any problems)?"

Yep.

Make sure all the servers have a unique listen port on the machine (note that when you set-up a domain for a certain installation that the admin server has a listen port of 7001).
    Also create separate install directories for the different version, for example, use something like weblogic10.3.4 (as the middleware home directory for 10.3.4 etc.).

Just a rule of thump for the JVM (in which WebLogic is running) must have about 2 cores, i.e., make sure the VM is not undersized with respect to cores (also enough memory of course).
  • 2. Re: Multiple Weblogic server instances on Windows Server 2008 R2-64 bit machine
    902286 Newbie
    Hi Rene,

Thank you for quick reply.

According to your answer,What I got from you is we have to give different port for admin server(7001,8001,9001,10001 like that).

Is that the only dfifference that we have to make in order to avoid the conflicts(or) are there any steps we need to take along with the port?

Thanks
  • 3. Re: Multiple Weblogic server instances on Windows Server 2008 R2-64 bit machine
    902286 Newbie

Hi Rene,

Sorry for late reply for your answer.

I am not able to get what you said about the 'JVM (in which WebLogic is running) must have about 2 cores, i.e., make sure the VM is not undersized with respect to cores (also enough memory of course)'.

Can you please elaborate about this?

(And)

I have to allocate one of weblogic servers to SOA suite installation wherein We have one Weblogic server(10.3.4 version) and another one is SOA managed server?

That means total four servers(Three seperate weblogic servers(admin) and one managed server).

Taking that into consideration,Can you tell me the configuration parameters that I need to take care of along with port,seperate installation directories?

Thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points