5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 9:32 AM by user9976634 RSS

Documaker Studio - Check Box

Hi,

Is there any way to put Check Box to the document created in Documaker Studio (12.1)? I look through documentation and found only field format:

m - Accepts an X or a space (used for a check box)

But not any reference how to insert check box to the document.

Thanks,
      Sergey
        • 1. Re: Documaker Studio - Check Box
          AndyL-Oracle
          Hi Sergey,

If all you need is an actual check box on a document, insert a text label or text area that uses one of the DocuDings font items, and input an "o". It will render as a nice box.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/eVQWYqI.jpg

-Andy

Edited by: Andy Little on Feb 7, 2013 1:07 PM
          • 2. Re: Documaker Studio - Check Box
            Andy,

Thanks for response.

1) I need not just box (I can put the real box there), but checkbox that I can check/uncheck base on input data and also allow to user edit it in WIP editor.

2) I don't have those DocuDings fonts. How I can install them?

Thanks again,
            Sergey
            • 3. Re: Documaker Studio - Check Box
              TimCrabb
              The only method of creating a check box to be used in the Plug-in is to create box (or use the DocuDings font like Andy explained) and place a field over the box where the field type is set to "X or space".

This will require the user to enter an "X" opposed to simply clicking the box.

- Tim
              • 4. Re: Documaker Studio - Check Box
                It will not work since our documents content depens from user or db inputs. You never know where such box will be on a page (at least vertically). Or I have to move field with x, every time when I creating the page (I am not sure if I can do this)
                • 5. Re: Documaker Studio - Check Box
                  user9976634
                  As suggested the closest thing to an actual checkbox is the field with the type "X or Space".
                  It is unclear from your response how the position of the field impacts this decision.