2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 12:16 PM by CraigB RSS

How to check preview on forms?

yash_08031983
      Hello experts,

i have a PUrchase order form with some base tables.
      my requirement is to check the preview of PO before save the purchase order.

for this
      first i take the lock on table then use Post statement to post the data , then call the report with PO number .
      after that use the rollback statement. but data is not showing on table.

please give me some idea .

thanks
      yash
        • 1. Re: How to check preview on forms?
          tony.g
          Hi

It's always best to mention what version of forms, reports and database you are using !!

The report will almost definately run as a different connected session, so although you have posted the data. It is not "committed enough" that a separate database connection will be able to see that data.

You will need to find a different method of working to allow preview of the PO.

rgds
          tony
          • 2. Re: How to check preview on forms?
            CraigB
            first i take the lock on table then use Post statement to post the data , then call the report with PO number .
            after that use the rollback statement. but data is not showing on table.>
            Reports run in a seperate session, therefore your "Posted" data is not available the Reports session. You may have to write your data to a temp table and run your preview report against this temp table. I've never encountered this situation, so I don't know if there is a way to make reports share the Forms session.

Craig...