This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
With that being said, I am just doing what is done out of the box. Excpet I am changing the script within the xml file so that it defaults to a Message Box instead of True (Allow all queries to run).
Srini, if you look at my original post, that is what I have, except I have the semi-colon after the message. In regards to the file, the only file I have updated is the answerstemplates.xml file.
Search for kuiCriteriaBlockingScript in that file. out of the box OBIEE 11g sets the return value to TRUE. I am replacing TRUE with a message "Pick Another Subject Area!" (See the original Post) in that xml file.
Have you tried ths in your environment and it is working? I am on 184.108.40.206.0
I tried this on 220.127.116.11.6 (on IE7) and it seems to be working fine. As mentioned, I just changed the return statement from return true to return "some message" and it behaved as expected. i.e. As soon as I click on the Results tab, I get the custom message.
After making the changes in answerstemplates.xml file, I restarted only the Presentation services from EM, cleared browser cache and validated the change.
Thanks HM, then I am lost. As I am doing the same exact thing in the answerstemplates for the WebMessage "kuiCriteriaBlockingScript"
Changing the following line from
return "Pick a Subject Area";
I am on IE 8 and have tried this in 18.104.22.168.0 and in 22.214.171.124.8 (We are in the process of moving to this version). I updated the answerstemplates file in the messages folder, restarted Presentation Services. Cleared browser cache.
I am able to run ad-hoc queries and get results with no custom message.