1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 8, 2013 8:35 AM by IBarr RSS

Cannot collect redo data on avdf 12

nextret.net
      Hi,

I'm testing AVDF 12.1 but I cannot collect redo info from source database. This is my enviroment.

Audit Vault machine: oracle Linux 5.8 x86_64
      Database source: oracle Linux 6.3 x86_64 with oracle database 11.2.0.2 EE

I installed the agent.jar succesfully and I configured user on source database running the setup scripts in all modes (setup, redo_doll, spa and entitlement). I don't have audit vault installed on source database. I have registered a secure target and I can start audit trails for table type (sys.aud$ and fga.log) but I cannot start and audit trail for transaction log type. I recieved this message when I attempt to start it "System cannot start the collection for selected audit trails in <source_db>".

Where can I look for more information about this error (some log file, trace, xml,...)?
      Or maybe, I'm leaving out some addittional configuration.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Cannot collect redo data on avdf 12
          IBarr
          You probably need to alter one of the initialisation parameters. I had to change PARALLEL_MAX_SERVERS to 20 to get mine to work.

You can find out the error you are getting by running the following command on the AV Server in SQL*Plus:

SELECT ERROR_MESSAGE FROM AVSYS.AUDIT_TRAIL WHERE AUDIT_TRAIL_TYPE='TRANSACTION LOG' AND HOST_NAME='your.host.name';

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Iain Barr
          Ategrity Solutions Ltd