This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 3:14 AM by 903513 RSS

problem windows 7

903513 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,
I have problem with oracle forms version 10.1.202 , when I compile any forms on windows 7 can not run this form on run time.

Thanks in advance
  • 1. Re: problem windows 7
    Maahjoor Newbie
    what you mean cannot run this file on run time?
    any error?
    what happend when you click on run?
  • 2. Re: problem windows 7
    903513 Newbie
    Thanks for replay,
    No any error with compile, but when I open from my application (run time) cannot open the form , but when compile from windows xp it's open.
  • 3. Re: problem windows 7
    HamidHelal Guru
    900510 wrote:
    Hi all,
    I have problem with oracle forms version 10.1.202 , when I compile any forms on windows 7 can not run this form on run time.

Thanks in advance
    Please provide more information when posting..
    what are you using for applet? JRE or Jinitiator ?
    what is your runtime OS ?
    what is your compiling OS ?
    what error or message you get ?

providing this information help us to provide specific solutions

Hamid
  • 4. Re: problem windows 7
    Scott_Symonds Explorer
    Unfortunately, Windows 7 is not a supported platform to run Oracle Forms 10g (including version 10.1.2.0.2) according to the certification matrix for Oracle Forms & Reports 10gR2 found here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/ias/downloads/as-certification-r2-101202-095871.html. Also, Oracle has ended premier support on Oracle Application Server & Developer Suite 10gR2 as of December 31, 2011 (see Oracle Support note 1290974.1 for more information).

It is recommended to upgrade your application to 11g. When upgrading to 11g, it is recommended to upgrade to version 11.1.2.1 (the most recent version available) or 11.1.1.6 (if you are also using Oracle Portal and/or Discoverer). Both of these versions will support Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit machines as well as Windows XP 32-bit (SP3 or higher). Also, Forms 11.1.1.6 and 11.1.2.1 are supported to use the latest versions of the Java Development Kit (JDK) and Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 7 which contains patches of the most recent security vulnerabilities found with Java. More information on supported platforms for 11g can be found in Oracle's certification matrices:
    1. 11gR1 (11.1.1.x): http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/downloads/fmw-11gr1certmatrix.xls
    2. 11gR2 (11.1.2.1): http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/oracle-forms-111210certmatrix-1886127.xls

If you need further information about upgrading your Forms application from 10g to 11g, feel free to contact us at http://pitss.com/us.

Thanks,
    Scott
  • 5. Re: problem windows 7
    CraigB Guru
    Have you configured the "Runtime" on your Windows 7 workstation and do you have the OC4J container running? If you have not configured your "Runtime", please take a look at this article: Forms: How to Configure Forms Builder to run forms locally. Also, if you are not starting the OC4J Container, make sure you start this first before running your form from the Forms Builder.

Craig...
  • 6. Re: problem windows 7
    903513 Newbie
    Thanks for all response,
    I got to solve the problem,
    I recompile for library pl/sql and It's Ok,
    But I have another problem when recompile and generate .plx library pl/sql , give me error : frm-91507 internal error unable to generate library
    I used in registry NLS_LANG ARABIC_AMERICA.AR8MSWIN1256 ,
    but when used AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1 It's Ok, compile and generate for library
    and can open any forms in 'Runtime' If compile from windows 7 but the problem any world Arabic appear ???????
    * application server on windows server 2003

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points