6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 6:08 AM by Ben83 RSS

How to Get checkbox value when List value changed in classic report

Ahmed.F
      hi ,
      i worked with apex 4.2 and i create normal classic report with one checkbox column and one column change it to select list(named loved) now i want when user change list
      take value of checkbox item and show it in message .

SQL for report

{
      SELECT
      '<INPUT TYPE="checkbox" NAME="f01" VALUE="'
      ||SEQ
      ||'">' SEQ,
      ID,
      DEPT_NO,
      EMP_NAME} i change the column attributes of Dept_NO to Display as Select list of department name (named lov).

now i want when user change name of department the value of SEQ SHOW IN ALERT MESSAGE

i create JavaScript on the page

function test(pThis) {
      var f01_value = $('select[name="f01"]').value;

alert('#SEQ : '+ f01_value);

}
      </script>
      I call this javascript function when list change but the value undefined..

My Question :

How can get this value Or any value of item in reports

regards
      Ahmed
        • 1. Re: How to Get checkbox value when List value changed in classic report
          Prabodh
          Hi Ahmed,
          >
          i worked with apex 4.2 and i create normal classic report with one checkbox column and one column change it to select list(named loved) now i want when user change list
          take value of checkbox item and show it in message .

SQL for report

{
          SELECT
          '<INPUT TYPE="checkbox" NAME="f01" VALUE="'
          ||SEQ
          ||'">' SEQ,
          ID,
          DEPT_NO,
          EMP_NAME} i change the column attributes of Dept_NO to Display as Select list of department name (named lov).
          >
          You should not create checkboxes like this. Either use the APEX_ITEM.CHECKBOX2 API or change the Column Type to Simple Checkbox.
          >
          now i want when user change name of department the value of SEQ SHOW IN ALERT MESSAGE

i create JavaScript on the page

function test(pThis) {
          var f01_value = $('select[name="f01"]').value;

}
          </script>
          >
          name="f01" returns an array, what you need is single element value.
          Try
          <script type="text/javascript>
          function test(pThis) {
            var f01_value = $v(pThis);

}
          </script>
          {code}
          {quote}
          I call this javascript function when list change but the value undefined..

My Question :

How can get this value Or any value of item in reports 
          {quote}
          Depends in how you are invoking/triggering the change event. Are you using DA or have you written an "onchange" event on the element?
          Cheers,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
          • 2. Re: How to Get checkbox value when List value changed in classic report
            Ahmed.F
            hi Prabodh

Thanks dear, i create checkbox with APEX Item API and i can't get value of it when change list item to show in alert message

the function javascrpit
            [
            <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
            function test(pThis)
            {

var vRow = pThis.id.substr(pThis.id.indexOf('_')+1);
            var vRowid = pThis.value;
            var f01_value = $v(pThis);

alert(' SEQ VALUE = '+f01_value);

}
            </script>]
            and i call this function when listitem change as

[onchange = "javascript:test(this);"]

the alert show only value of list item ..i want to get value of checkbox (single value)

i craete demo in oracle

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=54167:1:9365781961479:::::
            username/password :test/test
            can you help me to do this

thnaks
            Ahmed
            • 3. Re: How to Get checkbox value when List value changed in classic report
              Ahmed.F
              hi ,Prabodh

can you help me to do this ??
              • 4. Re: How to Get checkbox value when List value changed in classic report
                Prabodh
                Hi,
                Check your page now.

As mentioned earlier, you have to use APEX_ITEM.CHECKBOX2.
                APEX_ITEM.CHECKBOX2(2,EMP.EMPNO,null,null,null,'f02_'||lpad(ROWNUM,4,'0')) NO,
                And the javascript function will be
                <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
                function test(pThis) {
                   var vRow = pThis.id.replace("f01","f02");
                   alert(' SEQ VALUE = '+$("#"+vRow).val());
                }
                </script>
                You cannot use $v to get the value of checkbox item as it works differently for checkboxes, see http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37097_01/doc/doc.42/e35127/javascript_api.htm#BGBGDGIH.
                Therefore, you use the jQuery val().

Cheers,
                • 5. Re: How to Get checkbox value when List value changed in classic report
                  Ahmed.F
                  Thanks alot Prabodh ,

sorry, if i want to know any value of items in report use the same Syntax with change of "f01" with name of column in report .

Thanks again my friend
                  • 6. Re: How to Get checkbox value when List value changed in classic report
                    Ben83
                    Sorry wrong thread

Edited by: Ben83 on Mar 5, 2013 4:07 AM