This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2013 5:45 AM by DejanH RSS

Application with auto login

DejanH Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello.

We created an application in Apex 4.2.
It is application for the registration of workers.

We would like the application to connect to the database with one database username and password, so there would be no logon screen.
Just like we can use on-logon trigger in forms.

Application should just be started and already connected to the database with no logon page (regardless of the actual user).

I hope it is understandable.

Thanks.

Regards,
Dejan.
  • 1. Re: Application with auto login
    VC Guru
    DejanH wrote:
    Hello.

We created an application in Apex 4.2.
    It is application for the registration of workers.

We would like the application to connect to the database with one database username and password, so there would be no logon screen.
    Just like we can use on-logon trigger in forms.

Application should just be started and already connected to the database with no logon page (regardless of the actual user).

I hope it is understandable.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Dejan.
    While you create the application just chose No Authentication then all your pages will be publicly available without having users to login
    No Authentication - Also known as database authentication. This option enables 
    users to access your application using the account credentials stored in the 
    modplsql DAD definition. This authentication scheme requires that a database user
    (schema) exists in the local database. In most cases this results in users not having
    to login when accessing your application. This is the quickest way to create a
    "public" application.
  • 2. Re: Application with auto login
    DejanH Newbie
    Hello.

I'm aware of that solution.
    But where do i set, which database user (schema) is connected to database - i need to set one particular user?

Thanks.

Regards,
    Dejan
  • 3. Re: Application with auto login
    VC Guru
    while creating app > you will be prompted to select a default schema that was already assigned to your workspace, you can also change that later under shared components
  • 4. Re: Application with auto login
    DejanH Newbie
    Hello.

Thanks.
    I tried it.

But my application is different. With no submit process and with dynamic action execute pl/sql.

Now nothing happens (because of database authentication scheme).
    But this is a new problem.

Regards,
    Dejan

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points