This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 6:59 AM by gimbal2 RSS

SOAP/JMS example

ccortez Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I need to create a SOAP/JMS webservice and client (i don't know if this is correct) but i don't find a good example or explanation about how to do it, i'm new about this topic and i need your help.

any good example for basic level ?? :)

Regards
Carlos
  • 1. Re: SOAP/JMS example
    gimbal2 Guru
    The two technologies are completely different. Its either a SOAP client or a JMS participant. Which one is it? Both are a bit complex for beginners by the way.

Personally I find RESTFul webservices easier to digest and maintain, especially because the JAX-RS API for Java is very well designed.
  • 2. Re: SOAP/JMS example
    ccortez Journeyer
    Hi,

Well i will have a web service and i need to invoke it using JMS, but i don't know if this web service is different for the case, and i don't know how to invoke it. As a middleware JMS i have a Tibcom EMS server working but i don't know how to integrate it with the webservice and the webservice client

Regards
    Carlos
  • 3. Re: SOAP/JMS example
    gimbal2 Guru
    That's different. The key here is the SOAP part, where you are calling it from does not matter much, you're calling it from Java code. But you still need to figure out what webservice it really is - are you sure it is SOAP?

The API to do SOAP webservices is JAX-WS; there are many implementations, the reference implementation is called Metro. I suggest you Google that, it is not something explained in a few lines or a small piece of code; in fact it is a topic that fills a whole book. Alternatively you can use Apache Axis 2 which is quite well documented if I say so myself.

http://jax-ws.java.net/

http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points