2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 10:52 AM by Keith Jamieson RSS

required package to change filters

Hi Guru,
      I have table in oracle 11g in this table followings are the columns.I have created view for the below table whenever I need to change any filter like f1,f2 etc
      then the whole filters like f1,f2,f3 etc changed. I need to create packages for f1,f2,f3,f4,f5 individually within a package. Whenever I need to change any filter value like f1,f2 etc then I simply open related package then change it so entire filter/table will not effected.

SUPPOSE: User1 accessing the F1 filter , User 2 accessing the f2 filter and so on ...
      each filter has multiple joining. When user demand to change( in the sense of logic) then then entire tables columns get effected and report as well. So Its very difficult me to control the table with views.

your help is required in this situation.

ID      Name     F1     F2     F3     F4     F5
      1     xyz     1     1     1     1     1
      2     bxc     0     1     0     1     0
      3     abc     0     0     0     1     1
      4     www     0     0     1     0     1

Edited by: 947459 on Mar 5, 2013 4:20 AM
        • 1. Re: required package to change filters
          SomeoneElse
          Sorry, but I've read this 3 times and I still don't know what any of this means.

Especially these phrases:
          User1 accessing the F1 filter
          each filter has multiple joining
          What do you mean by "filter"?
          • 2. Re: required package to change filters
            Keith Jamieson
            I think this is what you are saying:

You have a packed procedure with a basic query.

You then have a number of procedures in the package, each of which applies a condition to the basic query.

For each condition you require,you then call that procedure which simply adds the condition to the basic query.

And the goal of this is to be able to change each condition without affecting any other condition?