This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 10:15 AM by BurmaShave RSS

Add target database to EM 12c fails w/ duplicate entity error message...

BurmaShave Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
This is making me nuts...

Adding a target sparc-based 11.2 database in EM 12c fails with the following error:

oracle.sysman.emSDK.core.target.DuplicateEntityException: ORA-20500: BIDEV.foo.com:oracle_database:d-bidb.foo.com:https://d-bidb.foo.com:3872/emd/main/:3:0 ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.EM_TARGET", line 3377 ORA-06512: at line 1 - ORA-20500: BIDEV.foo.com:oracle_database:d-bidb.foo.com:https://d-bidb.foo.com:3872/emd/main/:3:0 ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.EM_TARGET", line 3377 ORA-06512: at line 1

I've tried: exec mgmt_admin.delete_target('BIDEV','oracle_database'); but that accomplishes nothing. Also...
SQL> begin
2 mgmt_admin.delete_target_internal('BIDEV','oracle_database');
3 end;
4 /
begin
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-20206: The target does not exist or may have already been deleted: Target
name = BIDEV and Target type = oracle_database
ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.MGMT_ADMIN", line 1117
ORA-06512: at line 2

I dropped the existing local EM repository for the database and reattempted adding the target resulting in the same failure.

Select TARGET_NAME from sysman.mgmt_targets_delete; returns zero rows.

On the target host where the mgmt agent and BIDEV db server resides, the following emctl command does not identify that the mgmt agent knows it exists:

oracle@d-bidb $ $AGENT_HOME/emctl config agent listtargets
Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 2
Copyright (c) 1996, 2012 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
[d-bidb.foo.com, host]
[d-bidb.foo.com:3872, oracle_emd]
[agent12c3_16_d-bidb, oracle_home]
[LISTENER_d-bidb.foo.com, oracle_listener]
[OraDb11g_home1_1_d-bidb, oracle_home]
[BITST.foo.com, oracle_database]

I'm not seeing the solution. Can someone provide some guidance please? Are there particular EM repository sysman tables to check or perhaps configuration files?

Any help is much appreciated. - thx.

Edited by: user12877664 on Mar 1, 2013 10:51 AM

Edited by: user12877664 on Mar 1, 2013 10:55 AM

Edited by: user12877664 on Mar 1, 2013 11:16 AM
  • 1. Re: Add target database to EM 12c fails w/ duplicate entity error message...
    user760389 Newbie
    Looks like you have a discovered unmanaged database called BIDEV.foo.com on another agent.

Go to Setup-> AddTarget-> AutoDiscovery Results -> Agent based targets

Click on Search and enter BIDEV.foo.com

You can delete that and then add the target

Below, I think you have used mgmt_admin.delete_target_internal() , not mgmt_admin.delete_target() which would have removed the unmanaged target

delete_target_internal is only to remove pending deleted targets only.

Please let me know if you are on 12c BP1 or 12c PS1? Bug12570652 was fixed in ps1 which took care of the same target discovered by secured/unsecured agents.

Jayakumar sadras

Edited by: user760389 on Mar 3, 2013 9:36 PM
  • 2. Re: Add target database to EM 12c fails w/ duplicate entity error message...
    BurmaShave Newbie
    Jayakumar, thank you for the response and clarification of the procedures. Remarkably, this problem fixed itself somehow?? Yesterday I cannot register the BIDEV.foo.com and today I open OEM and bingo...it is registered and the omagent has been gathering data for almost a week ??? So, I dunno what finally reset...

I reviewed the autodiscovery output and there was a duplicate entry for BIDEV.foo.com_1 which I deleted after the fact.
    Finally, I'm not sure what you mean by "12c BP1 or 12c PS1".

Thanks again for your response. - cheers

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points