1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 1:56 PM by Jonathan Lewis Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Row Migration Confusion
        TwoStepSRP
        Awesome - I did not know about that package.

Even looking at the data, I can't tell why it was migrated. Since the comment field is still null in most of the records, the row lths are less than 50. When looking in detail at the rows before and after the migrated one, comparing to the migrated row, the only difference is seconds in the two date/time fields.

While I still don't understand what caused the rows to migrated (as the fga tells me the rows have not changed), I have learned a lot, so thanks for all the information. Since the actual import happened a couple of months back, I think I'll go create a new empty database and run the same import again in order to verify the rows right after the import.

Thanks for all of your helpful info and suggestions,
        -Sheila
        • 16. Re: Row Migration Confusion
          TwoStepSRP
          Mystery solved. On the day the data was all imported to the new database, another dba implemented a table change that added a new column with a default value. Even though such a change updates all rows in the table, causing many of the rows to migrate, the change is not a traditional DML Update and so the trigger does not get invoked nor does the FGA of 'udpates' log it.

-Sheila
          • 17. Re: Row Migration Confusion
            Jonathan Lewis
            TwoStepSRP wrote:
            Mystery solved. On the day the data was all imported to the new database, another dba implemented a table change that added a new column with a default value. Even though such a change updates all rows in the table, causing many of the rows to migrate, the change is not a traditional DML Update and so the trigger does not get invoked nor does the FGA of 'udpates' log it.
            Thanks for telling us the answer.

Regards
            Jonathan Lewis
            1 2 Previous Next