This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 11:30 PM by HamidHelal RSS

Alert close with X close button on top right

591804 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
i have applications running on both 6i and 10g Forms. On both applications when a stop alert appear user close it with X Close button on top right cornor and go ahead. Thus violating the restrictions.

Any solution to stop this and implementing alerts in true sense.
  • 1. Re: Alert close with X close button on top right
    HamidHelal Guru
    Zahid Rahim wrote:
    i have applications running on both 6i and 10g Forms. On both applications when a stop alert appear user close it with X Close button on top right cornor and go ahead. Thus violating the restrictions.

Any solution to stop this and implementing alerts in true sense.
    As'salamualikum, Zahid Rahim,

I think, you cannot STOP X close button. What you can do ?
    If the alert in only for displaying message and stop the end user work, try two things.

Option 1.
    ------------
    Use alert button 1,2 and do work with the alert button press or hang the user.

Option 2.
    -------------
    Replace alert with MESSAGE built-in and raise the message and faild the trigger with
    raise form_trigger_failure;
    Hope this works..

Hamid
  • 2. Re: Alert close with X close button on top right
    591804 Newbie
    Alert buttons and raise form_trigger_failure works perfectly. Problem is with alert close X Button. when it pressed either some trigger should be there to code or it should not be pressed.
  • 3. Re: Alert close with X close button on top right
    HamidHelal Guru
    Zahid Rahim wrote:
    Alert buttons and raise form_trigger_failure works perfectly. Problem is with alert close X Button. when it pressed either some trigger should be there to code or it should not be pressed.
    Ah! That can't be done using "Default" Forms functionality. You would have to create your own Canvas in the Form and make it look like an Alert. Then you could do the kind of thing you are talking about. I would open the new canvas in a Model Window so the user can't do anything unless they respond to the messgae. Also, you will need to handle the situation if the user clicks on the [X] box to close the modal window.

Hope this helps

Hamid

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points