This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 7:42 PM by matthew_morris RSS

In how many days i can prepare for OCP 11g DB track ?

856607 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear all, i need help that in how many days can i prepare for my OCP DB track, i have already prepared for SQL paper rest now i have started to prepare for Administrator-I, and Administrator-II exam... and which book is best to follow

thanks in advance.

nav
  • 1. Re: In how many days i can prepare for OCP 11g DB track ?
    Aman.... Oracle ACE
    853604 wrote:
    Dear all, i need help that in how many days can i prepare for my OCP DB track, i have already prepared for SQL paper rest now i have started to prepare for Administrator-I, and Administrator-II exam... and which book is best to follow
    Not sure that how we can answer this for you. It's you only who have to see this, quantify this based on your job and other things and decide. Some may prepare in a month, some may not need preparation at all as they might think that it's their daily work and some may take 3-6 months . So it's not a question that we can answer.

For the books, the oracle univ books are the best. The first exam is easy and I believe, reading the Concepts , Administrator and 2-day DBA guide you can prepapre for it well. You need to attend one course as a mandatory condition from OU so for the second paper, you can contact OU and join whereever you are based out.

Aman....
  • 2. Re: In how many days i can prepare for OCP 11g DB track ?
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    adding to aman said no body can answered this question , its all depend on you , what is your knowledge , i red this morning Certification doesn't mean that you are good at anything. However it shows an attitude , Read Oracle Documentation , Apply what you read ,create your own vmware .
  • 3. Re: In how many days i can prepare for OCP 11g DB track ?
    AnkitV Newbie
    Hi

Here is one suggestion. The mentioned duration is per exam :
    1) If u know basics of DBA things, 2-3 months for preparing, 1 month for mock tests/questions practice. Give exam.
    2) If u DO NOT know basics of DBA things, at-least 6 months for preparing, 1 month for mock tests/questions practice. Give exam.

Thanks.
  • 4. Re: In how many days i can prepare for OCP 11g DB track ?
    Rob_J Journeyer
    How good is your memory? If you just want to pass the exam for the sake of passing it then you could cram all the information in there. I'd argue that even someone who wasn't a DBA would be able to learn to pass these exams if they studied hard to to remember all the answers - they are multiple choice after all.

Practice some [url http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mnemonic]Mnemonics to remember certaing parts, I can't remember which ones...

But, seriously, as the others have said it depends where you are starting from in terms of knowledge/experience and how much time you can spare to learning it. There might be small or big gaps in your knowledge when you start looking through the books.

And remember that the best certification is good quality real world experience. The certifications help to show that you are willing to learn and develop your skills and that you can learn. I don't believe they show you can actually do the job.

Good luck!
    Rob
  • 5. Re: In how many days i can prepare for OCP 11g DB track ?
    matthew_morris Expert
    This is a common enough question on this forum that I wrote an article about it here:

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Much-Time-Is-Required-to-Prepare-for-an-Oracle-Certification-Exam?&id=7204061

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points