This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 5:41 AM by John Stegeman RSS

forms 11g

:) Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Is Oracle forms 11g completely Java based ?
  • 1. Re: forms 11g
    John Stegeman Oracle ACE
    Define "completely Java based"

But, if I were to answer this, I'd say "no" - there are components that are written in C, the Forms programming language is still in PL/SQL
  • 2. Re: forms 11g
    HamidHelal Guru
    _________________ wrote:
    Is Oracle forms 11g completely Java based ?
    You should read
    1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oracle_Forms
    2. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/downloads/index-092941.html

Hope this helps...
  • 3. Re: forms 11g
    John Stegeman wrote:

But, if I were to answer this, I'd say "no" - there are components that are written in C, the Forms programming language is still in PL/SQL
    Completely Java based means if i develop a form in oracle forms 11g will i be able to access that forms from any OS ? without any dependencies ? will i have complete functionality of forms when i access that form over the internet ?
  • 4. Re: forms 11g
    John Stegeman Oracle ACE
    Well, the client side of Forms runs via a Java Applet. If you read the Forms documentation, it will tell you what platforms are certified on the client side. There's always going to be a dependency of having a compatible JRE installed on the client you are using to access Forms.
  • 5. Re: forms 11g
    John Stegeman wrote:
    Well, the client side of Forms runs via a Java Applet. If you read the Forms documentation, it will tell you what platforms are certified on the client side. There's always going to be a dependency of having a compatible JRE installed on the client you are using to access Forms.
    what abt the look and feel of forms ? will it be similar to forms 6i or Oracle apps when deployed over the internet ?
  • 6. Re: forms 11g
    HamidHelal Guru
    _________________ wrote:
    John Stegeman wrote:

Completely Java based means if i develop a form in oracle forms 11g will i be able to access that forms from any OS ? without any dependencies ? will i have complete functionality of forms when i access that form over the internet ?
    Almost from any OS. JRE should be there or any JAVA runtime, over internet same functionality.
    but not from Mobile.

Lot alike forms 6i, look and feel.

better read the documentation.

Hope this helps

Edited by: HamidHelal on Mar 6, 2013 7:13 PM
  • 7. Re: forms 11g
    1 last question if i design a form in 11g can i make changes to that form using ADF ? can i design a new form using adf which can be attached in a menu ?
  • 8. Re: forms 11g
    HamidHelal Guru
    :) wrote:
    1 last question if i design a form in 11g can i make changes to that form using ADF ? can i design a new form using adf which can be attached in a menu ?
    Please look at
    1. {thread:id=924297}
    2. {thread:id=2260070}
    3. {thread:id=2132611}

And finally Integrating Oracle Forms into Oracle ADF Faces

Hope you will get answer.
  • 9. Re: forms 11g
    thanks buddy hope this solves my queries
  • 10. Re: forms 11g
    HamidHelal Guru
    :) wrote:
    thanks buddy hope this solves my queries
    If you get really help and topic is end, mark the question as answered and mark helpful and correct post.

Hamid
  • 11. Re: forms 11g
    John Stegeman Oracle ACE
    ADF is not Forms. Forms is not ADF. They are completely different. No, you cannot change an Oracle Forms form in ADF.

John

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points