This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2013 6:52 PM by rp0428 RSS

No rows returned

Kashif Khan Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I'm using SQL Developer to connect to EBS database using APPS user. Most of my queries which are working from Sql*Plus are not working from SQL Developer. All those queries are returning 0 rows in SQL Developer.

I've tried with both versions 3.1.07.42 and 3.2.20.09.87.

Any clue what might be causing this?

Regards,

Kashif.
  • 1. Re: No rows returned
    rp0428 Guru
    >
    I'm using SQL Developer to connect to EBS database using APPS user. Most of my queries which are working from Sql*Plus are not working from SQL Developer. All those queries are returning 0 rows in SQL Developer.

I've tried with both versions 3.1.07.42 and 3.2.20.09.87.

Any clue what might be causing this?
    >
    If you are connecting as the same user to the same database and querying the same tables in the same way you should be getting the same results.

Connect as SCOTT and verify that queries on the SCOTT tables produce the same results from sql*plus and sql developer.

If you are not connecting as the same user then it could be a privilege problem.
  • 2. Re: No rows returned
    Kashif Khan Newbie
    Hi,

I'm connecting to the same database and to the same user. I remember I faced this similar issue before, however, using an older version of SQL Developer resolved the issue then. This time I've only two versions of SQL Developers with me and its not working from both.

I'll try running the same queries from TOAD, let see what happens.

Regards,

Kashif.
  • 3. Re: No rows returned
    Kashif Khan Newbie
    Hi,

I was able to fix the issue, it was NLS settings that was causing the no rows.

I changed that in SQL Developer > Tools > Preferences > Database > NLS.

As soon I changed Language and Territory I started getting all the rows.

Regards,

Kashif.
  • 4. Re: No rows returned
    rp0428 Guru
    Then please mark the question ANSWERED.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points