4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 5:05 AM by 823810 RSS

Appropriate way to transfer data

I am using below lines to transfer data from LDAP server with JNDI.

But it is really ugly and i do this for every where i should transfer data.

I know there is Spring ODM and UnboundID solutions but i do not want to have such contexts.

Is there an appropriate way in JNDI?

NamingEnumeration answer = ctx.search(searchBaseDn, filter, ctls);
           try
                     {     
                     while (answer.hasMore())
                     {
                               SearchResult sr = (SearchResult) answer.next();
                               UserPojo userPojo = new UserPojo();
                               userPojo.setDn((String)sr.getNameInNamespace());
                               userPojo.setUid((String)sr.getAttributes().get("uid").get());

userPojo.setCn((sr.getAttributes().get("cn")!=null)?(String)sr.getAttributes().get("cn").get():"");
                               userPojo.setSn((sr.getAttributes().get("sn")!=null)?(String)sr.getAttributes().get("sn").get():"");
                               userPojo.setUserAccountOption((sr.getAttributes().get("userAccountOption")!=null)?(String)sr.getAttributes().get("userAccountOption").get():"");
                               userPojo.setUserAddress((sr.getAttributes().get("userAddress")!=null)?(String)sr.getAttributes().get("userAddress").get():"");
                               userPojo.setUserCertificateType((sr.getAttributes().get("userCertificateType")!=null)?(String)sr.getAttributes().get("userCertificateType").get():"");
        • 1. Re: Appropriate way to transfer data
          EJP
          That's it, I'm afraid, except that you can obviously write a method to take care of the parameter in each case.
          • 2. Re: Appropriate way to transfer data
            gimbal2
            Indeed. Don't like the low-level API? Wrap something slightly higher level around it and use that.
            • 3. Re: Appropriate way to transfer data
              Thank very much for answers.

I am happy i could tell what i have problem with.

I want more configurable and standardized code.

For example if i want to add some new field to my objects, it should be very small work to change the code.

If i do like above i must edit all the code where i transfer data.

I thought to use something like below (inspired from Spring ODM)

ObjectMetaData metaData=getEntityData(managedClass).metaData;

try {

for (Field field : metaData) {
              AttributeMetaData attributeInfo = metaData.getAttribute(field);

Attribute attribute = attributeValueMap.get(attributeInfo.getName());
              if (attribute != null) {
              Object value = attribute.get();
              if (value != null) {
              field.set(result, value);
              }
              }
              }
              }

I want some automized code like this, but if i add a field to Java side, the code will fail.

I thought to put an xml into my Java project, and write some code to update LDAP automatically but can not decide if it is an elegant way.
              • 4. Re: Appropriate way to transfer data
                Is using the code like in my reply appropriate?

I mean using fields name as equal to attribute types in LDAP object.

Might it be dangerous in further steps of project development?