This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 3:35 AM by Irha10 RSS

Apex Modal Page (Skillbuilders) error

Irha10 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hello,

I have an issue. I have a page (IR) and when click link it open a modal (skill builder) page. when I try to submit the page then i get this error. An unexpected internal application error has occurred. Please get in contact the Support and provide reference# for further investigation. i tried on firefox and IE8. it work fine sometimes but mostlly getting this error. and getting same error on both. Any help will be greatful. Thx.

Edited by: Irha10 on 07-Mar-2013 02:25
  • 1. Re: Apex Page rendering error
    Irha10 Newbie
    using apex 4.2.1
  • 2. Re: Apex Page rendering error
    Howard (... in Training) Pro
    Can you tell if this error message is coming from the Skill Builder Plug-in?
  • 3. Re: Apex Page rendering error
    scott.wesley Guru
    This is the default text found in the example shown here, which I think is also in the context sensitive help
    http://www.inside-oracle-apex.com/apex-4-1-error-handling-improvements-part-1/

So my guess is your application has this error handling, so you need to find where it's logging more information about the error - this one's too generic.
    Application properties -> Definition -> Error handling

Scott
  • 4. Re: Apex Page rendering error
    Gaurav Nagpal Newbie
    Hello ,

One issue with HTML buttons is that they can be clicked more than once, and under certain circumstances this can cause issues.
    To ensure that the button can only be pressed once you can do the following.
    alter button settings so that inside the URL redirect section the URL target value is set to javascript:this.disabled=true;doSubmit('SUBMIT')

Try this if it workout for you..

Thanks,
    Gaurav Nagpal.
  • 5. Apex Modal Page (Skill builders) error
    Irha10 Newbie
    thx for reply.

I run again and getting same error and after debugging I found this below.

Logging exception in final_exception_handler: Sqlerrm: ORA-20987: APEX - An unexpected internal application error has occurred. Please get in contact the Support and provide reference# for further investigation. Backtrace: ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_ERROR", line 622 ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_ERROR", line 903 ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_VALIDATION", line 915 ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW", line 8709.

any idea please?
    regards.

Edited by: Irha10 on 07-Mar-2013 02:27
  • 6. Re: Apex Modal Page (Skill builders) error
    Tom Petrus Expert
    Irha10 wrote:
    I run again and getting same error and after debugging I found this below.

Logging exception in final_exception_handler: Sqlerrm: ORA-20987: APEX - An unexpected internal application error has occurred. Please get in contact the Support and provide reference# for further investigation. Backtrace: ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_ERROR", line 622 ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_ERROR", line 903 ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_VALIDATION", line 915 ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW", line 8709.

any idea please?
    Yes. Read what Scott wrote again. You still have custom error handling in place which is throwing a way too generic message.
    From the backtrace it would seem that there is an error occuring in a validation and if you're debugging then you should be able to see what validation is causing this problem. It could be as simple as trying to do a TO_NUMBER on some characters.
    But try and disable your custom error handling so you can properly debug this.
  • 7. Re: Apex Modal Page (Skill builders) error
    Irha10 Newbie
    Thx once again. i think it will help to find out the exact problem. it could be char or number conversion problems. let you know. thx.
    regards.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points