6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 5:36 AM by Nitin Khare RSS

Abandon Orders in ATG

Cdesai
      How to configure the number of day following which the Incomplete should be considered abandon orders ? What is the OOTB days set for it ? I couldn't find it in docs
        • 1. Re: Abandon Orders in ATG
          Rajeev_R
          Only incomplete orders will be considered as abandoned by following certain criteria

/atg/commerce/order/abandoned/AbandonedOrderService.idleDaysUntilAbandoned - The number of days that an order must be idle for it to be considered abandoned.

You may also check /atg/commerce/order/abandoned/AbandonedOrderTools for more configurations.

More details - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24152_01/Platform.10-1/ATGCommProgGuide/html/s2101usingabandonedorderservices01.html

Cheers
          R
          • 2. Re: Abandon Orders in ATG
            Cdesai
            So If I understood the doc right, I have to include DCS.AbandonedServices in my list of modules for this to work. Secondly, when I go to dyn/admin to check for /atg/commerce/order/abandoned/AbandonedOrderService property I don't see any thing as in this service is not included for my application it seems.

So that means the incomplete order in my cart would never get abandoned or they will still get abandoned its just that I cannot access them ? I see that OOTB the idle time before abandoning the order is 7 days.
            • 3. Re: Abandon Orders in ATG
              RMishra
              Secondly, when I go to dyn/admin to check for /atg/commerce/order/abandoned/AbandonedOrderService property I don't see any thing as in this service is not included for my application it seems.
              I guess /atg/commerce/order/abandoned/AbandonedOrderService may be session scoped component that is the reason it is not visible in dyn/admin.
              Just to make sure, after login dyn/admin-->go to Component Browser-->in url append /atg/commerce/order/abandoned/AbandonedOrderService and check if it is visible

-RMishra

Edited by: RMishra on Mar 7, 2013 11:37 AM
              • 4. Re: Abandon Orders in ATG
                Rajeev_R
                Its a scheduler and Global Scoped component.

If you have AbandonedOrderService module you will be able to see that through dyn/admin, try giving a search as well. If AbandonedOrderService module is not included in the EAR then your orders will never get abandoned.

This service is enabled OOTB

Cheers
                R
                • 5. Re: Abandon Orders in ATG
                  Cdesai
                  I dont see Abandoned services in the list of running products in ATG dyn/admin -- which confirms the fact we don't have it enabled for our application. However, the fact that puzzles me is that if this module is not included how come I have more than one Incomplete order for a given profile. I mean at what point did the application thought to create a new order object rather than use the incomplete order that was already available.
                  • 6. Re: Abandon Orders in ATG
                    Nitin Khare
                    I dont see Abandoned services in the list of running products in ATG dyn/admin -- which confirms the fact we don't have it enabled for our application. However, the fact that puzzles me is that if this module is not included how come I have more than one Incomplete order for a given profile. I mean at what point did the application thought to create a new order object rather than use the incomplete order that was already available.
                    Abandon order module is not linked with creating a new order. ATG allows to have one current order and a collection of saved orders per user profile. As user logs in, loadShoppingCarts() method in CommerceProfileTools can find all the shopping carts (i.e. incomplete orders) for the user and places them into the session-scope OrderHolder component. The orders are sorted by last activity date, and the last order is made the current order. loadShoppingCarts() method can optionally merge the current shopping cart for the session (from the OrderHolder.current property) with the first persistent order loaded from the database. This functionality can be toggeled through the mergeOrders property in CommerceProfileTools.

Now those incomplete orders that have not been checked out by customers and instead have remained idle for a duration of time becomes abandoned order. Abandoned Order Service module includes services and tools that enable you to detect, respond to, and report on abandoned orders. So that you can better understand what kinds of orders your customers are abandoning, as well as what scenarios/campaigns effectively entice them to reclaim and complete them resulting in increase in order conversion and revenue. To understand more details about abandoned orders and their transitions among various states refer this:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26180_01/Platform.94/ATGCommStoreGuide/html/s0802understandingorderabandonment01.html