12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2013 9:58 PM by yxes2013 RSS

    Cool Page

    yxes2013
      Hi all,

      I found this page simple and yet cool to view and refreshing to the mind.
      I wish Apex 4.2 can create something like this? Or is it created using Apex?

      http://www.grassroots-oracle.com/2011/12/my-apex-42-wish-list.html


      Thanks,

      zxy

      Edited by: yxes2013 on 7.3.2013 22:54
        • 1. Re: Cool Page
          jariola
          yxes2013 wrote:
          Hi all,

          I found this page simple and yet cool to view and refreshing.
          I wish Apex 4.2 can create something like this? Or is it created using Apex?

          http://www.grassroots-oracle.com/2011/12/my-apex-42-wish-list.html


          Thanks,

          zxy
          Hi,

          I think that is not APEX application.

          But sure you can create similar page with any APEX version when you create your own theme.

          Regards,
          Jari
          -----
          My Blog: http://dbswh.webhop.net/htmldb/f?p=BLOG:HOME:0
          Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jariolai
          • 2. Re: Cool Page
            yxes2013
            Thanks jari :)

            Is there a sample apex apps (obe,eba) that creates a blog apps?

            Can you give me links of all OBE for apex please....


            Thanks a lot,
            • 3. Re: Cool Page
              jariola
              Hi,

              I think there isn't OBE to create blog app yet.
              Maybe closest OBE might be "Installing the Learning Library Packaged Application"
              http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/obe/db/apex/r41/inst_pkgapp/inst_pkgapp.htm

              You can download our blog application and check/use that
              http://sourceforge.net/projects/apex-blog/

              Or ApexNinjas Blog Platform
              http://www.apexninjas.com/blog/blog-platform/

              And APEX sample application "Sample Search" might be helpful also.

              Regards,
              Jari
              -----
              My Blog: http://dbswh.webhop.net/htmldb/f?p=BLOG:HOME:0
              Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jariolai
              • 4. Re: Cool Page
                scott.wesley
                Hello "zxy",

                Here was my response to your comment on my "about me" page - very similar to what Jari has described above.
                For this blog I rely solely on the tools that Google provide through blogger. I do use a syntax highlighter for my code.
                It is certainly possible to re-produce a site like this using APEX, in fact there is a platform out there you can use
                http://www.apexninjas.com/blog/blog-platform/
                And Jari Lane is a great example of a blogger using APEX to deliver the goods.
                http://dbswh.webhop.net/htmldb/f?p=BLOG

                If I had the time I would love to publish using APEX instead. I think it would be rewarding and would teach me a lot - but there are a few other projects higher on the list for me at the moment.>
                I'm glad you like it.

                Scott
                • 5. Re: Cool Page
                  yxes2013
                  Thanks Scott :)

                  I just wish Apex could make something like it as blogs are so in demand today. I myself don't have one yet :(, as I dont know which tool to use.
                  Most users will like doing their blogs in apex given a template sample.

                  Edited by: yxes2013 on 8.3.2013 1:42
                  • 6. Re: Cool Page
                    jariola
                    yxes2013 wrote:
                    Thanks Scott :)

                    I just wish Apex could make something like it as blogs are so in demand today. I myself don't have one yet :(, as I dont know which tool to use.
                    Most users will like doing their blogs in apex given a template sample.

                    Edited by: yxes2013 on 8.3.2013 1:42
                    Hi,

                    You can create blog application using APEX as we have shown to you.

                    But I think easiest and fastest way start blogging is use e.g. Blogger or similar ready service.

                    Create own or use ready APEX application for blog requires more effort and of course instance where host that app.
                    That might lead issues e.g. with money and time.


                    BTW, here is one more example of blog that is created using APEX
                    http://www.davidsgale.com/pls/apex/f?p=1:1:0
                    http://www.eberapp.com/pls/apex/f?p=BLOG:HOME:0

                    Regards,
                    Jari
                    -----
                    My Blog: http://dbswh.webhop.net/htmldb/f?p=BLOG:HOME:0
                    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jariolai

                    Edited by: jarola on Mar 8, 2013 11:58 AM
                    • 7. Re: Cool Page
                      yxes2013
                      Thanks a lot jari for being so accomodating :)

                      By the way, I can host the Apex blog at apex.oracle.com so it will free be to use.

                      Thanks
                      • 8. Re: Cool Page
                        yxes2013
                        Hi jari,

                        Can I have side question.

                        I have apex 4.2 interactive report page.
                        I want to rearrange the list of columns in my display page.

                        For example:

                        Originally I do select a,b,c,d from tab.
                        Then I found out that ordering d,c,b,a is better to look at.
                        So I tried to drag each columns to the desired order using the drag and drop tool at > edit page> page rendering>tree-view.
                        But when I run my report, it is still on the old format. :(
                        I also revise the select query ordering the columns as select d,c,b,a from tab , but still if I run my report it is still in the old presentation.

                        How do I reshuffle columns in interactive report?


                        Thanks a lot,

                        Edited by: yxes2013 on 8.3.2013 2:17
                        • 9. Re: Cool Page
                          jariola
                          yxes2013 wrote:
                          Thanks a lot jari for being so accomodating :)

                          By the way, I can host the Apex blog at apex.oracle.com so it will free be to use.

                          Thanks
                          Hi,

                          apex.oracle.com login page says
                          This service is for demonstration purposes only. Use of this system to store sensitive data is prohibited.
                          I think blog articles are most cases public and not sensitive data.

                          But maybe that instance is not correct place to host blog.

                          - There is some limitations what database features you can use on free instances. You might need those if you create your own blog app.
                          - Search engines can not index your blog pages.
                          - You will have storage limit
                          - Instance availability/performance might be issue

                          Regards,
                          Jari
                          -----
                          My Blog: http://dbswh.webhop.net/htmldb/f?p=BLOG:HOME:0
                          Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jariolai

                          Edited by: jarola on Mar 8, 2013 12:20 PM
                          • 10. Re: Cool Page
                            jariola
                            yxes2013 wrote:
                            Hi jari,

                            Can I have side question.

                            I have apex 4.2 interactive report page.
                            I want to rearrange the list of columns in my display page.

                            For example:

                            Originally I do select a,b,c,d from tab.
                            Then I found out that ordering d,c,b,a is better to look at.
                            So I tried to drag each columns to the desired order using the drag and drop tool at > edit page> page rendering>tree-view.
                            But when I run my report, it is still on the old format. :(
                            I also revise the select query ordering the columns as select d,c,b,a from tab , but still if I run my report it is still in the old presentation.

                            How do I reshuffle columns in interactive report?


                            Thanks a lot,

                            Edited by: yxes2013 on 8.3.2013 2:17
                            >
                            Hi jari,

                            Can I have side question.

                            I have apex 4.2 interactive report page.
                            I want to rearrange the list of columns in my display page.

                            For example:

                            Originally I do select a,b,c,d from tab.
                            Then I found out that ordering d,c,b,a is better to look at.
                            So I tried to drag each columns to the desired order using the drag and drop tool at > edit page> page rendering>tree-view.
                            But when I run my report, it is still on the old format. :(
                            I also revise the select query ordering the columns as select d,c,b,a from tab , but still if I run my report it is still in the old presentation.

                            How do I reshuffle columns in interactive report?


                            Thanks a lot,

                            Edited by: yxes2013 on 8.3.2013 2:17 Hi,

                            Login APEX builder. Run your application page. Open IR Action menu. Select columns and arrange how you like. Then save report default layout from Action menu.
                            http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37097_01/doc/doc.42/e35125/ir_using.htm#CHDDDBCG


                            BWT, for different topics it is best create new post. Then it is also for other easier find answers from this forum.

                            Regards,
                            Jari
                            -----
                            My Blog: http://dbswh.webhop.net/htmldb/f?p=BLOG:HOME:0
                            Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jariolai
                            • 11. Re: Cool Page
                              Nicolette
                              yxes2013

                              These guy's [url http://www.apexninjas.com/blog/blog-platform/]apex ninjas offer a free open source blogging platform running on apex.

                              Nicolette
                              • 12. Re: Cool Page
                                yxes2013
                                I thank you all :)