3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2013 5:11 AM by PeterGC RSS

Selective Synchronization

Hello all, again:

I have a problem with the API C++ for make selective synchronization.

I have one table with all tables of my schema. I use this data to first unmark on the client device, and then, i have a second table with selected tables to synchronize.

The problem is that selective synchronization fails because it is synchronizing all tables in my schema.

Anyone know where he might be wrong?

• 1. Re: Selective Synchronization
          Hello again:

I've been checking the debug file and I saw that the selected table is selected as follows:

ocSetTableSyncFlag flag=1 pub=P_PRUEBA2_GMSA table=PAUSAS

And I've seen the other table has the flag off:

ocSetTableSyncFlag flag=0 pub=P_REC_GMSA table=SERVICIOS_RECAUDACIONES
          • 2. Re: Selective Synchronization
            i dont know which version of olite you are using and exactly the c++ api. but
            in olite 10gr3
            on windows mobile 6.1
            with c# you can do selective sync with 2 ways

1) have 2 diffrent publications. each pub will hold its one tables. so you can choose to sync only one pub and thus one set of tables.
            2)write something like
            String args = .UserUsername + "/" UserPassword "@" ServerIPAddress" /onlytable:EMPLOYEES";
            this will sync only the employees table. of course if you need to sync more tables just execute it more times in a loop.
            we use the second way to sync a number of tables and not all.

i know the second way adds overhead since you will be repeating the connection many times but if the data transfered arent that much , and the tables not that many it will not matter
            • 3. Re: Selective Synchronization
              Hello all, again...

Excuse me... The problem was in the name of the publication, which was confused with the name of the database file installed on the client.

Thank you very much for your attention.