This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2013 4:20 AM by bobmagan RSS

Redo Apex Listener configuration

bobmagan Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am using Apex Listener2.0 successfully with APEX. I want to try redoing the listener config steps for a different web server/port. I re-extracted the apex_listener files into a new directory (listener_new) and from dos window in that directory I tried java -jar apex.war.
Instead of walking me thru the config questions again, it started the listener. How can I reset this so I can re-do config questions?
  • 1. Re: Redo Apex Listener configuration
    TimSt.H. Explorer
    If the listener is already configured - it will start with no options.

Try :
    java -jar apex.war help
    This should get you pointed in the direction you need.

--Tim

Edited by: Tim St. H. on Mar 7, 2013 1:55 PM
  • 2. Re: Redo Apex Listener configuration
    bobmagan Newbie
    thanks for the info. Is there a file somewhere that is storing the original config info, because I want to save it. Since I re-extracted the apex listener file into a completely new folder I'm assuming it is somewhere else on the machine.

thanks
  • 3. Re: Redo Apex Listener configuration
    TimSt.H. Explorer
    When you run the configure settings on the WAR file, you do MODIFY the file itself in preparation for deployment.
    If you are testing the configured the file on the machine where it is deployed, it will use the same path settings that it is configured with. This could (and probably will) cause you issues.

The other thing to note is that when running in stand alone mode, it may use the JAVA TEMP directory if it has not been configured with a directory.

I do not know the details of your environment, but when you start the listener in stand alone mode, you should see something similar to:
    java -jar apex.war
    Mar 7, 2013 4:58:33 PM oracle.dbtools.standalone.Standalone execute
    INFO: Starting standalone Web Container in:  /home/oracle/apex_config/apex2
    Mar 7, 2013 4:58:33 PM oracle.dbtools.standalone.Deployer deploy
    INFO: Will deploy application path = /home/oracle/apex_config/apex2/apex2/WEB-INF/web.xml
    Mar 7, 2013 4:58:34 PM oracle.dbtools.standalone.Deployer deploy
    INFO: Deployed application path = /home/oracle/apex_config/apex2/apex2/WEB-INF/web.xml
    Mar 7, 2013 4:58:34 PM oracle.dbtools.common.config.file.ConfigurationFolder logConfigFolder
    INFO: Using configuration folder: /home/oracle/apex_config/apex2 <-----------------------(pretend this is bold)
    This will tell you where it is picking up its configuration.
    In my scenario, I configured an apex2 path.

Hope this helps.

-- Tim St.

Edited by: Tim St. H. on Mar 7, 2013 5:08 PM
  • 4. Re: Redo Apex Listener configuration
    bobmagan Newbie
    Great. Thanks for the help.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points