This discussion is archived
12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 11:39 PM by 993611 RSS

OCM query

993611 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
after doing OCP ,

does Oracle Certified Rac professional , dataguard certification both would be eligible for OCM?

all in 10g
  • 1. Re: OCM query
    993611 Newbie
    is any 1 here????

getting echo for the same :|
  • 2. Re: OCM query
    PhHein Guru Moderator
    Echo!

It's in the middle of the night for many regulars. This is not a support hotline.
  • 3. Re: OCM query
    993611 Newbie
    hmm... got it :)
  • 4. Re: OCM query
    matthew_morris Expert
    O0O0O0O0O wrote:
    after doing OCP ,
    does Oracle Certified Rac professional , dataguard certification both would be eligible for OCM?
    I'm not really positive what the question is. By 'eligible for OCM' I'm guessing that you are talking about courses that meet the training requirement for the Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Master. If so, the complete list is available at the following URL. If not, please provide more details on what you are looking for.

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=244#3

Be aware that one of the harder parts of getting the 10G OCM these days is scheduling the appointment to take the test. The 10G OCM is offered very very seldom any more. You might be better off upgrading your OCP to 11G and then going after the 11G OCM.
  • 5. Re: OCM query
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    I'm thinking that you are asking if these certifications will qualify you to move on to 10g OCM certification. Is that right?

If so, it depends on how you achieved your 10g RAC certification. If you came to 10g RAC with training + 048 exam, then no - that path will not fulfill the OCP prerequisite for 10g OCM certification. If you came to 10g RAC by first completing the 10g OCP and passing the 048 exam then, yes - this will count toward your 10g DBA OCM prerequisites.

There is no Data Guard certification.

Matt's caution above is also valid. Before you settle on the 10g OCM path and start preparing, I suggest that you have a look at the worldwide schedule http://education.oracle.co.uk/html/oracle/28US/SCHED_SP_OCM.htm to see if you are going to be able to schedule this exam once you have prepared for it. You may do better to follow the path he suggested and upgrade to 11g DBA OCP and pursue the 11g DBA OCM.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 6. Re: OCM query
    993611 Newbie
    Thanks for the information,

but from the institution , i am gonna take the training for RAC and DATA GUARD , it comes under "oracle Workforce devlopment" , and they say if you take training and get certified for RAC , it wont qualify you to move on to 10G OCM because they say our organization is just "oracle Workforce devlopment"

I am confused

Edited by: O0O0O0O0O on Mar 7, 2013 3:36 PM
  • 7. Re: OCM query
    matthew_morris Expert
    There are three requirements to become an Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Master.

1. Become an Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Professional
    2. Take the two required advanced instructor-led courses from an approved vendor.
    3. Schedule and pass the test.

I don't know if you are a 10G OCP. If you are not, that is the first thing that must happen.
    i am gonna take the training for RAC and DATA GUARD
    If you mean the following two courses -- they are on the approved list. If the vendor supplying them is an approved vendor, then they should meet the requirements for #2.

Oracle Database 10g: RAC for Administrators Release 2
    Oracle Database 10g: Data Guard Administration
    and they say if you take training and get certified for RAC , it wont qualify you to move on to
    10G OCM because they say our organization is just "oracle Workforce devlopment"
    I don't know who 'they' are in this context. If a vendor is truly a member of the WDP, then taking a course from them will count towards the required training.

However, as I've already indicated (and Brandye has seconded), even if you are a 10G OCP and take two approved courses, scheduling the test to become a 10G OCM is going to be difficult. I expect this to get worse when 12C comes out.
  • 8. Re: OCM query
    bigdelboy Pro
    >

>
    I don't know who 'they' are in this context. If a vendor is truly a member of the WDP, then taking a course from them will count towards the required training.
    Oracle university only authorizes WDP providers to deliver specific authorized courses that count towards Oracle Certification under the WDP program.

For practical purposes I believe these are currently (probably) the 10g/11g DBA Admin I and 10g/11g DBA admin II.

( Quite frankly IMHO Oracle WDP are EXTREMELY disfunctional, elusive, unprofessional, incompetent, unethical and possibly abbetting fraudulency in providing clear unambiguous verifiable information as to what they are about .... and I would dearly love them to get act together and prove my IMHO wrong ... but given the currenyt state of forum I believe I am entitled to my opinion ).

Anyway back to the subject.

The is nothing to stop a WDP provider offering RAC training (and perhaps even excellent training ) ... however it would not be seen by Oracle Certification as being a course authorized and valid for certification purposes. ( Additional anyWP so providing would have to ensure no license or copyright breaches ... but this isn;t really the students problem )

Please note it is possible a few providers as well as being WDP providers are also authorized partners. In this circumstance they may be authorized by Oracle University to deliver the Oracle clusterware/RAC courses provided by Oracle University and if so Oracle certification will recognise the training.

( See http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=112 )

The problem for the student is to be certain the training being offered (especially when not direct from Oracle University) is valid for Oracle Certification course requirement purposes (if that is what they need).

Your WDP institute IMHO have been helpful here that while they may be able to offer some RAC training it would (with almost 100% certainly) not be an authorized course for certification purposes.

To some extent if you start asking about OCM certification then I would have expected the OCM candidate to have thoroughly reseached the website and planned the forward path first, and have evaluated the likely versions Oracle will be providing for OCM at that course. If you are not beginning to think that way and confidently working out most things for oneself then you are not thinking and researching like an OCM !

However, as I've already indicated (and Brandye has seconded), even if you are a 10G OCP and take two approved courses, scheduling the test to become a 10G OCM is going to be difficult. I expect this to get worse when 12C comes out.
  • 9. Re: OCM query
    993611 Newbie
    well thanks for the information :

Yes I am ocp
    by "they" i meant our faculty teachers ,
    is this possible that one WFD is approved for giving training For OCP , and not for Advance Courses ?( like rac , data guard ), and i taken my OCP training from the same partner because they are only one approved in the State

My actual point is not 10g/11g , i m going to upgrade my 10g to 11g , and im looking for 11g Ocm only.

I was wodering why our WFD partner said that if you take training of RAC and pass Exam , that wont be qualify me to move on OCM
    ... :(
  • 10. Re: OCM query
    matthew_morris Expert
    I was wodering why our WFD partner said that if you take training of RAC and pass Exam , that wont be qualify me to move on OCM
    I don't know specifically what they said, or in relation to what question, so I can't say. Bigdelboy may be correct in thinking that your WDP vendor might offer a RAC course, but they are not certified by Oracle education to teach it. In that case, it would not count towards the OCM training requirement.

I don't know enough about how Oracle education licenses their courses to know if a WDP can be authorized to teach some courses but not others. My personal belief if that this must be the case in at least one respect. I'm confident that Oracle does not grant WDP's full access to every single OE course that exists. The WDP must be limited to a subset of the available OE courses. What I don't know is if a WDP that is not licensed to teach course "X" would do so anyway and not have Oracle revoke their WDP status entirely.
  • 11. Re: OCM query
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    If your WDP is telling you that the course will not fulfill your OCM training requirement, I would suggest that you take this to heart and spend your resources elsewhere. It would be a shame to make the significant investment in training and not be any closer to completing your requirements. If they are not authorized/licensed to teach certain classes, if you take those classes at that WDP, they will not count toward certification. It sounds like your WDP is being forthcoming about this.

Good luck on your path!
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 12. Re: OCM query
    993611 Newbie
    Thanks Bro/sir :)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points