This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2013 8:55 PM by Hemant K Chitale RSS

1z0-054: Oracle Database 11g Performance Tuning Expert

Ahmer Mansoor Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
I am planning to give the exam 1z0-054 to get the certification, "Oracle Database 11g Performance Tuning Expert".

The Certification Path says that, if you are and "OCP DBA 11g" then you can directly take this paper, and there is no Instructor Led Training requirement. Therefore, I decide to prepare for it by my own. Can someone guide me about the study material and dumps?

Regards,

Ahmer Mansoor
  • 1. Re: 1z0-054: Oracle Database 11g Performance Tuning Expert
    matthew_morris Expert
    Therefore, I decide to prepare for it by my own. Can someone guide me about the study material and dumps?
    First of all, the word 'dumps' has a specific meaning. It is shorthand for 'brain dumps' which are illegal and can cost you this certification and any others you have taken.

http://blogs.oracle.com/certification/entry/0477

Second -- there currently is no study guide or book specific to this certification available at this time. I write study guides and this one is actually next on my list once I complete the current book for *1Z0-117: Oracle Database 11g Release 2: SQL Tuning*. I won't have a guide for 1Z0-054 until some time in May most likely. That said, I have some links to legal study material on the companion website for my guide series relevant to topics for this exam. It also has links to the Oracle documentation that contains information you need. Once I start writing the book for this exam, the links will expand rapidly as I research the topics for it and the documentation links may expand as well.

http://www.oraclecertificationprep.com/apex/f?p=OCPSG:EXAM_DETAILS:0::NO::P2_EXAM:1Z0-054
  • 2. Re: 1z0-054: Oracle Database 11g Performance Tuning Expert
    Hemant K Chitale Oracle ACE
    There is a package from www.ucertify.com

Hemant K Chitale

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points