3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2013 8:26 AM by Srini Chavali-Oracle RSS

export data from Oracle DB to NetezzaDb

Hi all,

There is a requirement for me where I have export data from Oracle Db and use that data in Netezza Db.I am not sure how to do this between two Databases and I need your help.

I also don't want to use any tool since this i am implementing it for automation.
        • 1. Re: export data from Oracle DB to NetezzaDb
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Pl post details of OS and database versions.

The exports created by Oracle (original exp and expdp) are in a proprietary format and are not readable by third party software. Pl elaborate more on your requirements. Looks like you will have to write SQL scripts to extract required data and then load it into the target database.

You may want to contact Netezza to see if they have any utilities to extract data from Oracle databases.

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: export data from Oracle DB to NetezzaDb
            Yes you are right srini.My requirement is i am doing automation,so I have two tables in oracle database from which i have to query data Eg: values education=0 or 1 or 2.
            From the data received I have tables in Netezza database to check whether these education values 0 or 1 or 2 are present in these tables.So i am not sure how to proceed.

Oralce version : Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production
            Netezza version : Release 6.0.5 (P-8) [Build 23875]
            • 3. Re: export data from Oracle DB to NetezzaDb
              Srini Chavali-Oracle
              Are you stating that you need to have both databases and run queries against both databases ? If so, you will need to install gateways and heterogeneous services

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e11050/toc.htm

If this is not your requirement, then please elaborate

HTH
              Srini