4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2013 2:14 PM by Mini RSS

Options of Changing language in Application

Hi friends,

I have a database application with several pages and tabs in which each page contains reports and forms.

Whether it is possible to keep an option of change language to my application with a page item of the type like lov or radio button, so that an user can change the language of each and every page items, tab names, report details in the application to the language they select.

Example: Assume like all the item name, pages, tabs and report information's appears defaultly in English, suppose if i select Arabic as a second option in my page item whether the entire language of the page items and details will change to Arabic and also (viceversa) if i select English it has to change to English language.

How to achieve the above things. Is it achievable...

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Options of Changing language in Application

You can change language from application Item. You have to translate it via Shared Components -> Translate, next you have to set "Application Language Derived From" in Application XXX ->Edit Globalization Attributes. There you have many options.
          • 2. Re: Options of Changing language in Application
            Hi Andypol,

Like you said i followed the below steps like in the shared components of that application under globalization in Edit Globalization Attributes i changed the

Application Primary Language to Arabic(Kuwait) (ar-kw) and also setted Application Language Derived from to the "Application Primary Language", but then too the application text of my page items is not changed to Arabic as it still remains in English.

And also under the Translate--->Map Primary language application to a translated application

I tried to create a application language mapping by specifying the Translation application to Arabic but then too, the application is not changing.

IS that i missed any steps????

Also i dont want the whole application builder to change language, i just want the application that im developing to have a option of choosing language like English and Arabic so that they can select the language and change the label and details of the forms and reports within it.

Thanks in advance.

• 3. Re: Options of Changing language in Application

in order to change the text in your own application you need to translate all the text strings in the application.
              In chapter 18 of the Apex documentation http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37097_01/doc/doc.42/e35125/global_process.htm#CHDIHFCG the steps to translate your application are described.

• 4. Re: Options of Changing language in Application
                Hi Erik,

It seems that the below google api enables language translation
                <div id="google_translate_element"></div>
                <script type="text/javascript">
                function googleTranslateElementInit() {
                  new google.translate.TranslateElement({pageLanguage: 'en'}, 'google_translate_element');
                <script type="text/javascript" src="//translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js?cb=googleTranslateElementInit"></script>