This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2013 7:29 AM by 995914 RSS

Mirror Sql Developer download for Training Purpose

995914 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I would like to let my student use Oracle Sql Developer for training purposes in University lab. Can I share my downloaded copy in our course site, because for my it is difficult if they have to register an account into Oracle site and then download Oracle Sql Developer. Are there license issues? Thanks
  • 1. Re: Mirror Sql Developer download for Training Purpose
    rp0428 Guru
    >
    I would like to let my student use Oracle Sql Developer for training purposes in University lab. Can I share my downloaded copy in our course site, because for my it is difficult if they have to register an account into Oracle site and then download Oracle Sql Developer.
    >
    That is a question that only Oracle can answer.
    >
    Are there license issues? Thanks
    >
    Yes - It's surprising that you even ask that question since you had to agree to those license issues before you were allowed to download the product.

All users need to agree to the license agreement. See

Oracle SQL Developer License Terms
    Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler License Terms
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/licenses/sqldev-license-152021.html
  • 2. Re: Mirror Sql Developer download for Training Purpose
    Kris Rice Employee ACE
    We added this into the license a couple years ago to cover people doing exactly what you are asking.

"LICENSE RIGHTS
    We grant you a nonexclusive, nontransferable limited license to use the programs solely for your business operations and any third party training as part of such business operations."

-kris
  • 3. Re: Mirror Sql Developer download for Training Purpose
    995914 Newbie
    Perfect, so can I let the student download it from our course web site without problems and they will enjoy oracle product for learning SQL. Thank you very much.

Edited by: user1098650 on Mar 11, 2013 7:29 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points