This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2013 11:03 PM by robinsc RSS

EXADATA in VM

Shaan_dmp Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I know this could be weird question, can we simulate exadata in VM for training and learning purpose

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Shaan
  • 1. Re: EXADATA in VM
    933318 Newbie
    Yes very much possible, Oracle uses the same for there Trainings....

How you do it I am not sure...
  • 2. Re: EXADATA in VM
    Marc Fielding Journeyer
    An Exadata simulator VM environment exists, but it's restricted to Oracle internal use. Martin Bach wrote up a good summary of some of the issues involved at http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com/2011/12/08/the-cause-for-and-against-the-exadata-simulator/

Cheers!

Marc
  • 3. Re: EXADATA in VM
    Shaan_dmp Explorer
    Thanks, as you said it restricted to oracle internal user. So I hope we have something in next few months
  • 4. Re: EXADATA in VM
    robinsc Explorer
    It is unlikely that Oracle will release this as it is a competitive advantage and the simulator would have Oracles proprietary code hence releasing it freely might have legal implications. Even till date you cannot legally posses Exadata manuals unless you own an Exadata machine as the documentation is part of the proprietary cell server storage software. Making the simulator available would lift that restriction. I do not think this would be made available to anyone outside of oracle and perhaps in the future a few select partners.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points