This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2013 8:25 AM by cindys RSS

Solaris 10 P2V Migration on solaris10  -sun4u to sun4v architechture ?

996010 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
HI ,

Could any one please advise on the Solaris 10 P2V from sun4u system to solaris 10 Zone on Sun 4v target system?
I have tested the P2V of solaris 10 sun4u to sun4u Solaris 10 Zone -working fine.
but not Solaris 10 Physical sun4u to Solaris 10 Zone on Target sun4v system solaris 10 ?

Is this directly supported or tested? I dont want to use LDOMs on this .
  • 1. Re: Solaris 10 P2V Migration on solaris10  -sun4u to sun4v architechture ?
    Filip Francis Journeyer
    hi,

Yes this is perfectly possible.
    Done that already quite a few times without any issue.
    The most importend thing is to have a good flar file from the system that you want to migrate to a zone on that machine.
    Done this already to a T4-1 and to a T4-2 within an ldom
    regards
    Filip
  • 2. Re: Solaris 10 P2V Migration on solaris10  -sun4u to sun4v architechture ?
    cindys Pro
    Hi--

I think your choices are to use the ldomsp2v tool to do this migration or you can just create a Flash archive that specifies the sun4v platform group as described here:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26505_01/html/E28040/gmdgk.html#gmdkj
    How to Install a Sun4U Flash Archive on a Sun 4V Machine

Make sure you review the supported configurations section and yes, this is supported and tested.

I haven't tried the flash method in the doc above, but I've done the the Solaris 10 sun4u to Solaris 11 sun4v migration by using the zone's p2v tool and that works too.

Thanks, Cindy

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points