This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 79 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 8:36 AM by EdStevens Go to original post RSS
  • 75. Re: Cant connect my database using net service_name
    972355 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Thanks Aj to answer my question ..
  • 76. Re: Cant connect my database using net service_name
    507581 Newbie
    please close the thread if you got the answer :)
  • 77. Re: Cant connect my database using net service_name
    jgarry Guru
    969352 wrote:
    I think and i am sure , my question was not related to Snapshot Too Old.
    stop acting like Chicken Little!
    - I am sorry sb. Am i getting angry reply ?

I am confused. I am extremely sorry to disturbed you.

Thanks ..
    Don't be too frightened about sb's response, he tends to go right to the heart of any matter. Eventually you will learn what is acceptable behavior here, sometimes it's more subtle than the harsh replies make it seem. You haven't done anything wrong except be learning and ignorant, and the cure for that is experience and education. It's quite different than being stupid, even though harsh answers make you feel that way. We all need to have some things pounded into our brains, sometimes it's worse when you have to unlearn things such as wrong expectations or knowledge appropriate to a different environment. Keep at it, understand what you read in the docs and blogs. See http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html for some clue. If people ask you for something, they do expect you to provide it.
  • 78. Re: Cant connect my database using net service_name
    972355 Newbie
    I feel panic continuously asking here ..
    My intention is Unpaid subscribers don't know their limits (posting threads , asking questions etc ..(like me) So that i am saying that statement.
    Almost 70 replies crossed in single thread so i said feel panic continuously asking here ..
    > stop acting like Chicken Little!
    - Here , What is the need for acting ? I 'm not acting and please , please understand I am clarifying my doubts from experts.
    that's it .. Thanks sb ..
  • 79. Re: Cant connect my database using net service_name
    EdStevens Guru
    969352 wrote:
    I feel panic continuously asking here ..
    <snip>
    stop acting like Chicken Little!
    - Here , What is the need for acting ? I 'm not acting and please , please understand I am clarifying my doubts from experts.
    that's it .. Thanks sb ..
    I think we have another language/cultural translation issue. In this case, "acting" does not mean "pretending to be ..." but "behaving in the manner of ..."
1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points