2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2013 2:51 PM by 996117 RSS

Can't activate the Stack or Data window when debugging or test a procedure

Hi,

I can't activate the Stack or Data window when debugging a procedure. The options in the View/Debugger menu are all grayed out. I can't provide parameter values when testing procedures. I am using SQL Developper 3.2.2. Has this feature ever worked?

Thanks,

Mario
        • 1. Re: Can't activate the Stack or Data window when debugging or test a procedure
          Jeff Smith Sqldev Pm-Oracle
          The first things I would check are, do you have the required debug priv (sounds like you do), that you've compiled your stored procedure for DEBUG (shouldn't affect your UI issue), and that you haven't disabled a required extension in the preferences. Have you disabled any extensions?

Assuming all of those things check out, I would then follow the instructions pinned to the top of this forum for collecting debug info for SQL Developer. Take that console log and paste it here - hopefully we can diagnose what is happening in your copy of SQL Developer.

Another possibility - have you extracted v3.2.20_09 onto an existing copy of SQL Developer? Doing this can cause weird UI issues like you're describing.

And finally, yes the debugger is working and has been for awhile. Hopefully we can get you up and running shortly!
          • 2. Re: Can't activate the Stack or Data window when debugging or test a procedure
            Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. You were right. I didn't have the privileges for debugging. I installed a local db and now have DBA privileges to do my learning and testing. I did a simple test that takes 2 strings and concatenates them into a 3rd variable then displays them. Seems to work except that the DBMS_OUTPUT occurs in the debug log is this normal? See below.

Connecting to the database LocalScott.
            Executing PL/SQL: ALTER SESSION SET PLSQL_DEBUG=TRUE
            Executing PL/SQL: CALL DBMS_DEBUG_JDWP.CONNECT_TCP( '172.30.41.35', '52123' )
            Debugger accepted connection from database on port 52123.
            Executing PL/SQL: CALL DBMS_DEBUG_JDWP.DISCONNECT()

AAAAXXXX
            Before PARAM3 = AAAAXXXX
            After PARAM3 = AAAAXXXX

Process exited.
            Disconnecting from the database LocalScott.
            Debugger disconnected from database.

Thanks,

Mario