3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 4:29 PM by mkohanek RSS

Access to ICX session cookie with ADF-E-BusinessSuite integration

I am working on Jdeveloper10.1.3.3 and OC4j application server. I followed the "Oracle E-Business Suite SDK for Java" document provided by oracle and i am trying to implement session management between ADF and EBS.
      Below is my code
      Context ctx = new InitialContext();
      DataSource ds = (DataSource)ctx.lookup("jdbc/MyAppsDataSource");
      con = ds.getConnection();
      EBiz instance = new EBiz(con,"APPServerId");
      AppsRequestWrapper wrappedRequest = new AppsRequestWrapper((HttpServletRequest)request,(HttpServletResponse)response,con,instance);
      Session session = wrappedRequest.getAppsSession(true);
      icxCookieStatus = session.getCurrentState().getIcxCookieStatus();

when i try to run the above code i am getting NOTIFICATION ERROR at this line AppsRequestWrapper wrappedRequest = new AppsRequestWrapper((HttpServletRequest)request,(HttpServletResponse)response,con,instance);

Error Message:
      NOTIFICATION In Expired of codeLookupRegionoracle.apps.fnd.ext.common.NLSDirectory@2a648c
      NOTIFICATION In Expired of oracle.apps.fnd.ext.common.NLSDirectory@2a648c897909
      NOTIFICATION In Expired of oracle.apps.fnd.ext.common.ProfileDirectory@cfefe9148056
      NOTIFICATION In Expired of codeLookupRegionoracle.apps.fnd.ext.common.NLSDirectory@2a648c

Any idea?
        • 1. Re: Access to ICX session cookie with ADF-E-BusinessSuite integration
          mkohanek
          Does the OP or anyone else have any updates on this? I am seeing something similar. I have a successful connection, and I can use the AppsDataSource. But in my Eclipse console, I see this every 30 seconds:

Mar 12, 2013 3:53:12 PM oracle.apps.fnd.ext.cache.PurgeAlgorithmAbstractImpl removeExpired
          INFO: In Expired of oracle.apps.fnd.ext.common.ProfileDirectory@2f3adb740030

Everything works, I just want to know what this is potentially filling up logs...

Any ideas?
          • 2. Re: Access to ICX session cookie with ADF-E-BusinessSuite integration
            Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle
            If you'll use the new EBS Java SDK you'll get session management.
            Here are some resources to get you started:
            https://blogs.oracle.com/jruiz/entry/adf_and_oracle_e_business2
            • 3. Re: Access to ICX session cookie with ADF-E-BusinessSuite integration
              mkohanek
              I am already using the SDK actually for session management. I have the AppsDataSource setup and working. My worry is around the INFO message I get every 30 seconds.
              Mar 12, 2013 3:53:12 PM oracle.apps.fnd.ext.cache.PurgeAlgorithmAbstractImpl removeExpired
              INFO: In Expired of oracle.apps.fnd.ext.common.ProfileDirectory@2f3adb740030
              I am thinking maybe it indicates I have left a connection open somewhere, though I do not see where.
              Also, I think I may have a problem with my setup somewhere, because when I create a session, my icxSession is a VALID_GUEST session, not a VALID session (I am logged in as a guest, not as the new EBS user I created with the UMX role). But I am still trouble shooting this (I think perhaps it has to do with the EBS and application domain). My main concern here is with this message I get every 30 seconds. Maybe it will stop once I get logged in as a VALID user, not VALID_GUEST. On a side note, I am able to use convertGuest to create a VALID session from the VALID_GUEST session. But I am not sure I am using the API as I should be when doing this.