4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2013 2:10 AM by just a DBA RSS

ASM for single-instance

just a DBA
      Hello.

I installed GI 11.2.0.3. In order not run setup with unpatched GI, I used "software only" installation. Then I installed GI PSU with "OPatch auto". PSU was installed with messages indicating failing of stop|start clusterware (file 'crsctl' was not found). Is it normal behaviour ?
      Then I used asmca, but it failed because GI was not configured. In GI documentation written how to configure GI for cluster (crs/config/config.sh), but no info for standalone server. Should I reinstall GI using "standalone server" installation and only after this install PSU ?
        • 1. Re: ASM for single-instance
          asahide
          Hi,

Could you show us your user's env parameter.
          Has ORA_CRS_HOME been set ?

Regards,
          • 2. Re: ASM for single-instance
            just a DBA
            Could you show us your user's env parameter.
            Has ORA_CRS_HOME been set ?
            Thank you for answer. Env variables are not set.
            • 3. Re: ASM for single-instance
              Mihael
              I installed GI 11.2.0.3. In order not run setup with unpatched GI, I used "software only" installation. Then I installed GI PSU with "OPatch auto". PSU was installed with messages indicating failing of stop|start clusterware (file 'crsctl' was not found). Is it normal behaviour ?
              Yes. Oracle uses different versions of binaries for standalone server and for cluster. crsctl is missing until you configure GI.
              Then I used asmca, but it failed because GI was not configured. In GI documentation written how to configure GI for cluster (crs/config/config.sh), but no info for standalone server. Should I reinstall GI using "standalone server" installation and only after this install PSU ?
              You can configure GI with following command as root :
              $GRID_HOME/perl/bin/perl -I$GRID_HOME/perl/lib -I$GRID_HOME/crs/install $GRID_HOME/crs/install/roothas.pl
              • 4. Re: ASM for single-instance
                just a DBA
                Thank you!