This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 11:47 AM by Roger25 RSS

Forms 10gR2 on Windows 7 ultimate

Roger25 Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
So i have installed Developer Suite 10gR2 (10.1.2.0.2). OS is Windows 7 ultimate (32bit).
I have configured Forms to run with JRE plugin (version is 1.6.0_34).. so not with Jinitiator (i have made changes in formsweb.cfg). Everything goes OK, until I run the form in the IE browser (version is IE9).
After pressing Ctrl+R to run the form (which has only a simple canvas and a red ellipse), i get that invalid username/password (because I have not disabled the case sensitive passwords, but I will), I enter then again the password and click OK. It seems to work a little bit (2-3 seconds), and then all I can see is a gray rectangle (with the form's window/canvas dimension properties, in property palette). Nothing more. I can't see the form.
I tried to watch the Java console, but no error or something suspect.
Everything works ok, but the content of the form. I cannot see the canvas, nor the forms' menu.

What could be the problem? Do I need to install the latest Forms patch, or the problem isn't related to some patch?

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: Forms 10gR2 on Windows 7 ultimate
    CraigB Guru
    It sounds like the Forms Runtime can't find your Form_name.fmx. Did you update the FORMS_PATH variable in the default.env to include the directory where your .fmx is?

Craig...
  • 2. Re: Forms 10gR2 on Windows 7 ultimate
    Roger25 Explorer
    Well, no :)
    But shouldn't have been receiving an error? That unable to open/find the file.. or something. There is no FRM error in the message line
  • 3. Re: Forms 10gR2 on Windows 7 ultimate
    InoL Guru
    Do I need to install the latest Forms patch
    Yes. Check note 1292919.1 "How to Install Oracle Developer Suite 10g (10.1.2) on Windows 7 (32-bit)".
    Or search this forum. Developer 10G on Windows 7 have been discussed many times.
  • 4. Re: Forms 10gR2 on Windows 7 ultimate
    HamidHelal Guru
    Cursor need to focus on the forms, but you have nothing to get focus. At least make a block with one item having mouse navigation property yes.
    Hope this helps.
  • 5. Re: Forms 10gR2 on Windows 7 ultimate
    Roger25 Explorer
    I don't need that information, Forms is installed successfully. And once I can run my form, and asks me to re-enter the password (because of that sensitive password), I think the installation it's ok.
    My problem is not in "Generic Known Issues for Windows 7" (in that metalink article)

Edited by: Roger25 on 13.03.2013 19:19
  • 6. Re: Forms 10gR2 on Windows 7 ultimate
    Roger25 Explorer
    I will try this.
    Thanks
  • 7. Re: Forms 10gR2 on Windows 7 ultimate
    Roger25 Explorer
    and why should I specify the location of the .fmx? what if the form is not currently saved? just a New form module, adding a text item, and running the form.
    However, Forms first looks in the current directory, so I think that's not a problem (the path absence of the current directory in FORMS_PATH);
  • 8. Re: Forms 10gR2 on Windows 7 ultimate
    CraigB Guru
    But shouldn't have been receiving an error? That unable to open/find the file.. or something. There is no FRM error in the message line
    Yes, you would expect this but unfortunately you don't. As InoL indicated, you can look at the MOS Doc ID: 1292919.1, but if you don't have a My Oracle Support account, take a look at an article I wrote: Forms: How to Configure Forms Builder to run forms locally. If you don't want to modify your FORMS_PATH in the default.env, then you would need to create a configuration in the formsweb.cfg that explicitely identifies your form binary and the path to it (eg: form=\<your directory>\form_name.fmx). I found it a lot easier to simply create a directory where I place all of my Forms (.fmb). I then added this directory to the FORMS_PATH and never have to create a configuration specific to run a form. :)
    Do I need to install the latest Forms patch
    Technically, yes if you want/need a supported (certified) environment. However, if you do not have a My Oracle Support (MOS) account, you can't get the patch. I have the Oracle Developer Suite (ODS) 10g R2 (10.1.2.0.0) installed and running just fine on Windows 7 Professional (64-bit).
    And once I can run my form, and asks me to re-enter the password (because of that sensitive password), I think the installation it's ok.
    So, you're connecting to an Oracle 11g RDBMS? You can either turn off the Case Sensitive passwords on your database or you can add the FORMS_USERNAME_CASESENSITIVE = 1 parameter to your default.env. For more details on this, look at MOS Doc ID: 469013.1 [FRM-41214 and REP-501 when connecting ot Database 11g using RUN_REPORT_OBJECT].

Hope this helps,
    Craig...
  • 9. Re: Forms 10gR2 on Windows 7 ultimate
    O.Developer Journeyer
    Hi

For all you windows7 -Forms Installtion, refer blow link you will have the proved solutions.

Hope will work for you as well
    http://windows7bugs.wordpress.com/2010/03/01/installing-oracle-developer-forms-reports-6i-on-windows-7-64bit/
  • 10. Re: Forms 10gR2 on Windows 7 ultimate
    Roger25 Explorer
    This was! Worked :)
    I never thought that this would be a problem.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points