This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2013 8:13 AM by JasonBaer RSS

Hide the section based on the prompt value

964995 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi guru's
could you please help on this
In dashboard page i placed three reports in three different sections. but i have to see only one report at time it can be controlled by prompt value selection from the prompt
version-11.1.1.6.0 i am using

Regards
bethamsetty
  • 1. Re: Hide the section based on the prompt value
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Check this link
    http://www.cool-bi.com/Customize/CollapseSection.php

If helps mark as correct
  • 2. Re: Hide the section based on the prompt value
    964995 Newbie
    Actually i have three reports in three different sections and each section have the (guided navigation)condition based on some other report based on the condition it displays single report in the dashboard. when i select the prompt values from the prompts that reports should changes dynamically based on prompt.

Regards
    bethamsetty
  • 3. Re: Hide the section based on the prompt value
    JasonBaer Journeyer
    Hi Bethamsetty,

This requires a couple steps, but it's rather straightforward.

1) Create a dashboard prompt. Add a variable prompt to set a presentation variable, P_SECTION. Add some custom values (eg. section1, section2, section3). What you name these values is not important, but must exactly match the analysis in step 2.

2) Create an analysis to drive the conditional logic. Basically we just need a request to return 0, 1, or 2 rows based upon our P_SECTION presentation variable. There are any number of ways to do this. I typically just add two columns, both with a CASE statement on the year. The first would be something like:
    CASE WHEN "Dim-Time"."Year" = 2012 THEN 'section2' END
    The second:
    CASE WHEN "Dim-Time"."Year" IN (2012,2013) THEN 'section3' END
    Filter both columns to be *is equal to / is in @{P_SECTION}{2012}*. So, if the P_SECTION variable is set to 'section1', we'll get 0 rows. When it's 'section2', we'll get a single row... and 'section3' will result in 2 rows.

3) Create a condition for each section. All three conditions will use the same analysis from step2. The first condition is True If Row Count is equal to 0. The second, when True If Row Count is equal to 1. The third when True If Row Count is equal to 2.

Now you just have to apply those conditions to your sections. Only one condition will be true at a time... so you'll only see that section.

JB

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points