This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2013 12:10 AM by just a DBA RSS

ASM for single-instance

just a DBA Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello.

I installed GI 11.2.0.3. In order not run setup with unpatched GI, I used "software only" installation. Then I installed GI PSU with "OPatch auto". PSU was installed with messages indicating failing of stop|start clusterware (file 'crsctl' was not found). Is it normal behaviour ?
Then I used asmca, but it failed because GI was not configured. In GI documentation written how to configure GI for cluster (crs/config/config.sh), but no info for standalone server. Should I reinstall GI using "standalone server" installation and only after this install PSU ?
  • 1. Re: ASM for single-instance
    asahide Expert
    Hi,

Could you show us your user's env parameter.
    Has ORA_CRS_HOME been set ?

Regards,
  • 2. Re: ASM for single-instance
    just a DBA Newbie
    Could you show us your user's env parameter.
    Has ORA_CRS_HOME been set ?
    Thank you for answer. Env variables are not set.
  • 3. Re: ASM for single-instance
    Mihael Pro
    I installed GI 11.2.0.3. In order not run setup with unpatched GI, I used "software only" installation. Then I installed GI PSU with "OPatch auto". PSU was installed with messages indicating failing of stop|start clusterware (file 'crsctl' was not found). Is it normal behaviour ?
    Yes. Oracle uses different versions of binaries for standalone server and for cluster. crsctl is missing until you configure GI.
    Then I used asmca, but it failed because GI was not configured. In GI documentation written how to configure GI for cluster (crs/config/config.sh), but no info for standalone server. Should I reinstall GI using "standalone server" installation and only after this install PSU ?
    You can configure GI with following command as root :
    $GRID_HOME/perl/bin/perl -I$GRID_HOME/perl/lib -I$GRID_HOME/crs/install $GRID_HOME/crs/install/roothas.pl
  • 4. Re: ASM for single-instance
    just a DBA Newbie
    Thank you!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points