bean area

988253 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi everyone,

I want to play one sound file through oracle forms using bean area component

I have tried the following
Copy the test.jar file in the /forms/java directory
Sign the test.jar file with my own certificate
Edit the /forms/server/formsweb.cfg file to add the jar file to the archive_jinit variable
archive_jini=f90all_jinit.jar,……,test.jar

Open form
Add a Javabean component to block
Set its Implementation class property to : oracle.forms.fd.test
but its not working

So how i can di this
pls help me

thanks
  • 1. Re: bean area
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    First, are you aware that Forms 9.x was desupported years ago? You should consider upgrading to a currently supported version. This is also true of Jintiator which is also no longer supported and very old.

As for your issue, you might need to offer some details beyond saying "it doesn't work". What exactly is in your jar file? Does it contain the necessary java code needed to play an audio file? Does the jar contain the audio file or is that being retrieved from the server separately? Are there any errors in the java console when you run the form? Did you build the package as you described it, " +oracle.forms.fd.test+ "? And so on....
  • 2. Re: bean area
    CraigB Guru
    I have tried the following
    Copy the test.jar file in the /forms/java directory
    Sign the test.jar file with my own certificate
    Edit the /forms/server/formsweb.cfg file to add the jar file to the archive_jinit variable
    archive_jini=f90all_jinit.jar,……,test.jar>
    Looks like you forgot to add the full path (eg; %ORACLE_HOME%/forms/java/test.jar) to the CLASSPATH parameter in the default.env.

Craig...
  • 3. Re: bean area
    FrançoisDegrelle Oracle ACE
    Hello,

Also, when you play with Java Beans, always display the Java console at runtime to see error messages.

Francois
  • 4. Re: bean area
    I guess it is unclear as to what exactly the problem is. Is this a runtime or Builder problem???

If this is a runtime issue then the path to the jar is not necessary if the jar is in the /forms/java directory AND is a client side file. Meaning that the file is for a bean and not server side use.

If this is a Builder issue then default.env has nothing to do with the problem. CLASSPATH for the Builder is set in the Registry and/or system environment. The default.env is only used for runtime (in the browser).

Guess more details are still needed.
  • 5. Re: bean area
    CraigB Guru
    Is this a runtime or Builder problem???
    @ Michael, you bring up a valid point. I "assumed" that this was a "runtime" issue because the OP stated that he/she has modified the formsweb.cfg to include the Java Bean. As you mentioned, the Forms Builder only looks at the Registry/Environment variables while the runtime (either Application Server or OC4J Container from the Forms Builder) looks at the formsweb.cfg and default.env.
    Guess more details are still needed.
    Agreed - more information would be wonderful. :)

Craig...
  • 6. Re: bean area
    988253 Newbie
    Hi all,

I am currently using oracle forms builder 10g

My jar file contains necessary java code needed to play an audio file and I also build the package.
    Audio file is in my local machine and as well as on server.I am giving the full path of that file in my form.
    When I compile and run the form it didnt give any error.

But when I go on my canvas it gives error

FRM - 13008
    CANNOT FIND JAVABEAN WITH NAME 'ORACLE.FORMS.FD.SOUND'.
  • 7. Re: bean area
    FrançoisDegrelle Oracle ACE
    This is a design time error and you can ignore it.
    What do you have in the Java console at runtime ?

Francois
  • 8. Re: bean area
    Based on what you are saying, I suspect you have not properly built your jar. I would recommend that you open your jar in something like WinZip or extract it to the file system and verify that you actually have the subdirectories that you stated. In other words when you extract the contents of the jar, you should end up with something like this:

ORACLE (directory)
    .....|
    .....| FORMS (sub-directory)
    ............|
    ............| FD (sub-directoy)
    ................|
    ................| SOUND.class (java class file)

That would result in this: ORACLE.FORMS.FD.SOUND. If you don't have this then the class file will not be found and result in the error you mentioned. Also, although it should not matter, look closely at whether the case of the file name is the same as how you have entered in it your application. In other words, if the file name is "sound.class", do no refer to it as "SOUND" in the Builder. Instead, enter it in lower case as it appears in the file system: "sound"
  • 9. Re: bean area
    CraigB Guru
    But when I go on my canvas it gives error
    FRM - 13008
    CANNOT FIND JAVABEAN WITH NAME 'ORACLE.FORMS.FD.SOUND'. >
    Did you add the full path to your Java Bean to the FORMS_BUILDER_CLASSPATH in the Registry? However, as Francois said - this is a Design-time error and can be ignored if you want to.

Craig...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points