4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2013 4:34 AM by Rajanjai RSS

Internet Explorer Cannot Display

Rajanjai
      Hi,

Im using apex 4.2 in a particular page i have a process that calls the procedure that inserts data in a table this takes some *20 to 30 min* and if it completes report will appear in the same page but after *10 to 15 min* it redirects to *"Internet Explorer Cannot Display"* my idle session timeout is 28800 seconds in application ,36000 seconds in internal user
      more over i have redirected to login page of that application if session timeout happens. May I know the reason and solution .

Thank u.

Edited by: Rajanjai on Mar 14, 2013 1:49 PM
        • 1. Re: Internet Explorer Cannot Display
          Denes Kubicek
          :) That particular session is for sure not an idle session since it is running. Depending on the webserver you use (Oracle Apache, EPG or Apex Listener with some other Server), you will need to increase the session timeout. I think this has been answered here in the forum many times. You should also change the way of processing your requests and put that process in a job. Doesn't make a lot of sense to sit and wait for something to complete. Once you hit a button you can't do anything else. You can start here:

Re: Oracle XE XDB HTTP SESSION-TIMEOUT Advice ?

Page Load Timeout

Connection Timeout  - executing PL/SQL as process after submit

Denes Kubicek
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          http://deneskubicek.blogspot.com/
          http://www.apress.com/9781430235125
          http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=31517:1
          http://www.amazon.de/Oracle-APEX-XE-Praxis/dp/3826655494
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Internet Explorer Cannot Display
            VC
            Rajanjai wrote:
            Hi,

Im using apex 4.2 in a particular page i have a process that calls the procedure that inserts data in a table this takes some *20 to 30 min* and if it completes report will appear in the same page but after *10 to 15 min* it redirects to *"Internet Explorer Cannot Display"* my idle session timeout is 28800 seconds in application ,36000 seconds in internal user
            more over i have redirected to login page of that application if session timeout happens. May I know the reason and solution .
            Why does the procedure takes that long??

If it is expected to take long time..then submit it as a background job using APEX_PLSQL_JOB

Vikram
            • 3. Re: Internet Explorer Cannot Display
              Rajanjai
              Thank U for your reply .
              But if is due to session timeout then why it is not redirect to login page when i have mentioned the url in application .

Maximum Session Length in Seconds -->28800
              On session timeout direct to this URL -->&LOGOUT_URL.
              Maximum Session Idle Time in Seconds -->28800
              On session idle time timeout direct to this URL -->&LOGOUT_URL.

this is my case

Edited by: Rajanjai on Mar 14, 2013 3:04 PM
              • 4. Re: Internet Explorer Cannot Display
                VC
                Rajanjai wrote:
                Thank U for your reply .
                But if is due to session timeout then why it is not redirect to login page when i have mentioned the url in application .

Maximum Session Length in Seconds -->28800
                On session timeout direct to this URL -->&LOGOUT_URL.
                Maximum Session Idle Time in Seconds -->28800
                On session idle time timeout direct to this URL -->&LOGOUT_URL.

this is my case
                But your issue is nothing to do with APEX session or APEX engine itself...and as already mentioned by Denes its the webserver (read carefully)