This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2013 3:25 AM by Veeresh Rayan RSS

Estimated man days to install OBIEE-FA with standard configuration

EddyLau Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, all

I am totally new to OBIEE. I have got OBIEE foundation installed. May I know how long does it take to get OBIEE-FA installed and configured for a beginner ?
Could you please give me some tips or ref materials to speed up my installation process ?
Your help are highly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Eddy
  • 1. Re: Estimated man days to install OBIEE-FA with standard configuration
    DNK Explorer
    Hi Eddy,

I assume you gonna install OBIEE 11g version.

You can find from

http://allaboutobiee.blogspot.com/2012/04/obiee-111160-step-by-step-installation.html

Regarding BI APPS Financial Analytics

you can look in to

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E10783_01/doc/bi.79/e10742.pdf

Let me know if that helps

Update me

Thanks
    NK
  • 2. Re: Estimated man days to install OBIEE-FA with standard configuration
    EddyLau Newbie
    Hi, DNK

Thanks so much for your help.

Those are really usefully materials.

Based on your experience, how long does it take to get OBIEE-FA installed because I need to answer that question to my boss first.

Thanks a lot.
  • 3. Re: Estimated man days to install OBIEE-FA with standard configuration
    DNK Explorer
    Hi Eddy,

I would say it would probably take at least a month and two months would be maximum.

Depends on size of the team and experience they have got regarding bi apps implementation.

You can wait for other OTN Users to say something on this :)

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks
    NK
  • 4. Re: Estimated man days to install OBIEE-FA with standard configuration
    EddyLau Newbie
    Hi, DNK

May I clarify my understanding that standard installation and configuration needs at least one month?

Can you briefly explain which kind of tasks are required and the complexity of the tasks so that I can tell my boss why it need so long ?

Btw, can OBIEE - FA pull data from SUN GL ?
    And normally how long does it take to build a report, a dashboard or a scorecard by OBIEE-FA ? Do you think half man day is enough for one standard report ?

A million thanks.

Eddy
  • 5. Re: Estimated man days to install OBIEE-FA with standard configuration
    Benoît Journeyer
    Hi EddyLau,

Please find below my vision of time expected to implement a module of OBIA :
    - One week to install all components (OBIEE 11g, DAC, OBIA). In this week you write an install guide with all print screen to reproduce your installation on another environment.
    - Two weeks to configure one module of OBIA, and load data in your OBAW (Oracle Business Analaytics Warehouse), and test data (just see if you have data in your report). This step needs to realize workshop with Business to configure your module (definition of value for the configuration file)
    - One week to implement the security as you want for your user.

So in 4 weeks, you could have an implementation for one environment but without testing complete data, without customization.
    You can reduce time with no install guide, no workshop with Business to configure your OBIA module, no security. It depends on what you want in a first time.

Best regards,

Benoit
  • 6. Re: Estimated man days to install OBIEE-FA with standard configuration
    Veeresh Rayan Journeyer
    You can consider 4 weeks provided (Installation and integration of components happens in a week ..Functional support is avaialable for the entire 2 weeks when you are configuring
    Financial analytics).

I wolud say consider 1 1/2 mnth you should have minimum and then in case if you struct with any issues also.

Another important thing is data validation (keep atleast 1 week for this..But for this you should be knwing FA clearly cz meanings of BI metrics are slightly different then EBS.

Check this note from Metalink,it has got all important documents to fasten up your implementation.

Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (OBIA) Product Information Center (PIC) [ID 1318707.1]

Marks helpfull if it helps.

Regards,
    Veeresh Rayan

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points