3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2013 3:32 PM by Vortex13 RSS

Form Personalization in EBuz .12.1.3 on Requistion--> Requistions

Srikkanth.M
      Hi All,

Am using oracle E-Buz -R12.1.3.

I trying to do one small form personalization

Resp --> Purchasing--> Requisitions--> Requisitions.

Now i ill query for one REQ number for example 1130011. Next ill enter a new line in the line level.

Requirement:

Once the line level data entry is completed, User will try to save the line.

So at this time. I need to fire one message that.

When the Destination Type is "Expense" and the user didn't enter the project details in the Distribution tab. Then i need to fire a popup message.

So i tried like this

Created a new FORM Personalization

Trigger event :WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD

Trigger Object : LINES

Condition :

:SYSTEM.RECORD_STATUS IN ('INSERT' ,'CHANGED') AND :LINES.DESTINATION_TYPE_DISP = 'Expense' AND :DISTRIBUTIONS.REQ_LINE_QUANTITY IS NOT NULL AND :DISTRIBUTIONS.PROJECT IS NULL

And in Action i have created a message type and mentioned to show.

So Now the problem is when the user click the save button without entering the project detail the message is firing and i clicking three to four times ok and the record is getting saved.

So my requirement is when the pop messages comes when i click ok i need to go back to the Project block.

Can any one help in the requirement to get solved.

Thanks & Regards
      Srikkanth.M
        • 1. Re: Form Personalization in EBuz .12.1.3 on Requistion--> Requistions
          Vortex13
          Hello,

In the Actions, why not use the Property type to set the project field to REQUIRED? This will prevent the save from occurring and bring the focus back to the project field. If required you can create another personalization that sets the REQUIRED to FALSE for the records that do not meet your criteria.

Your other option is to set your message type to ERROR, but you would need to add a builtin action of GO_ITEM to move to the project field.
          HTH,
          --Johnnie                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
          • 2. Re: Form Personalization in EBuz .12.1.3 on Requistion--> Requistions
            Srikkanth.M
            Hi Johnnie,

I tried the same as mentioned by you, its getting save after i make the field as mandatory. Can you please tell me how to get do this.

Thanks & Regards
            Srikkanth.M
            • 3. Re: Form Personalization in EBuz .12.1.3 on Requistion--> Requistions
              Vortex13
              Hello,

For a quick test please verify that you are using WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE, leave the condition blank, and make sure the context is set correctly. Under actions, the type should be Property. Object type should be Item, make sure your Target object is correct. Property value should be REQUIRED, and the value should be set to TRUE.

Apply the changes. Check to see if the field is now required.
              Thanks,
              --Johnnie