3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2013 11:21 AM by Roger22 RSS

very slow speed downloads

Roger22
      Hi,
      I'm trying to download Patch 5983622: PLACEHOLDER BUG FOR AS/DS 10.1.2.3 PATCHSET RELEASE for platform Platform Microsoft Windows Itanium (64-bit), the download speed is veeery very slow.. ~300-400 bytes/sec.
      Someone from Oracle Support to check this?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: very slow speed downloads
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          When i download this patch I am seeing speeds around 1.5 MB/sec (on a corporate network). Are you able to consistently reproduce this issue ? Can you try with a different ISP ?

You will need to open an SR with Support - the forums are separate and independent from Support

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: very slow speed downloads
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            Roger22 wrote:
            Hi,
            I'm trying to download Patch 5983622: PLACEHOLDER BUG FOR AS/DS 10.1.2.3 PATCHSET RELEASE for platform Platform Microsoft Windows Itanium (64-bit), the download speed is veeery very slow.. ~300-400 bytes/sec.
            Someone from Oracle Support to check this?

Thanks.
            I guess it is something to do with your internet connection.

I can download the files with a speed of 2.3-2.4 MB/sec with no issues.

Try to use a different browser and see if this helps, or you may use a download manager and see if this improves the performance.

Thanks,
            Hussein
            • 3. Re: very slow speed downloads
              Roger22
              I was also on a corporate network (at work). Don't know why that happened, i could download other things at 2MB/s. Nevermind, now I'm at home, seems to be ok.

Thanks