3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2013 2:09 AM by user346369 RSS

key-down trigger

salute-Salem
      db and dev 10g rel2 ,
      hi all ,
      i am trying to use key-down trigger for the first time , and i know that it fires when the user clicks the down arrow on the keyboard .

and i've a text item t with the key-down trigger and a t-list "t3"
      when i press the down arrow while i am standing on the "t" to go to the t-list ,nothing happens ,with no errors .
      why is this happening ?
      thanks a lot

Edited by: newbi_egy on Mar 14, 2013 4:52 PM
        • 1. Re: key-down trigger
          user346369
          key-down runs when you are "standing" in a record within a block and you press the down-arrow keyboard key. It normally moves you down the next record.

When you press the down-arrow key while in a T-list, +(I believe)+ it should open the list. Key-Down trigger does not run in this situation.
          • 2. Re: key-down trigger
            salute-Salem
            i believe that key triggers replaces the normal functionality ,
            for instance , i've created a text_item with a key down trigger to message('aword') , and i did it with no problems ,
            and in this situation, it does not open the list , it only gets the value of the next record without showing the list .
            • 3. Re: key-down trigger
              user346369
              i believe that key triggers replaces the normal functionality ,
              Yes, that is right.
              for instance , i've created a text_item with a key down trigger to message('aword') , and i did it with no problems, and in this situation, it does not open the list , it only gets the value of the next record without showing the list .
              Yes, of course. It works like that in a text item.

But you asked:
              and i've a text item t with the key-down trigger and a t-list "t3" when i press the down arrow while i am standing on the "t" to go to the t-list ,nothing happens ,with no errors . why is this happening ?
              When you use the down-arrow key when cursor is in a tlist, key-down trigger does NOT run. Instead, the down-arrow selects the next choice below the present one in your tlist. But if you are at the last choice, or there is only one choice in your tlist's list of elements, then nothing happens.