This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
I just went through the same thing...and I too needed to use subversion...
I downloaded the jdk from oracle and used the 'no-jdk' 3.1 version of sql developer ( i also had a 2.x version of sql developer that worked fine with subversion )...at first no joy
got the oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.svn.SVNProfile.canActivate(SVNProfile.java:162) error...every time
When I compared the preferences.xml file from
C:\Documents and Settings\<me>\Application Data\SQL Developer, I could see several directories reflecting the sql developer installations I had
In my 2.x installation ...
C:\Documents and Settings\<me>\Application Data\SQL Developer\system18.104.22.168.45
I found the folder o.jdeveloper.subversion.22.214.171.124.36.55.30
In there...I found preferences.xml...
C:\Documents and Settings\<me>\Application Data\SQL Developer\system3.1.07.42 installation which at first did not work...
I found the
o.jdeveloper.subversion.126.96.36.199.37.59.48 folder...which also contained a preferences.xml file...however it was radically shorter and different than the 2.x version...
Copying the 2.x version to the 3.1 installation folder ( o.jdeveloper.subversion.188.8.131.52.37.59.48 )...and restarting sql developer did the trick...my subversion plug in now appears...
I have an SR opened with oracle to find out why the file got mangled in the first place...
Same problem, slightly different solution:
I had an empty preferences.xml file in both the 2.0 and 3.1 sql developer, so I tried to simply delete the preferences.xml in the o.jdeveloper.subversion.184.108.40.206.37.59.48 directory and bingo - no error message any more.
Hope this helps someone