1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 15, 2013 12:48 PM by EdStevens RSS

audit  schema objects that grant to miltip user to edit.

I saw a example database with audit setting and all of audited information at HIRE.audit_trail table.
      I created a testing oracle 11.2 database with HIRE user and objects at window 2008 . ALTER SYSTEM SET audit_trail=db SCOPE=SPFILE;

SHUTDOWN;

STARTUP;

I grant lots of other user to select,insert,update on tables at HIRE schema.
      I need to audit HIRE owner tables accessed and data changes by multiple users.
      But I did not see HIRE.audit_trail table.
      That means do I need to run command AUDIT ALTER, GRANT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
      ON HIRE? I got message as ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Or I only check oracle built audit view for audit results?

Thanks

newdba
        • 1. Re: audit  schema objects that grant to miltip user to edit.
          EdStevens
          Oradb wrote:
          I saw a example database with audit setting and all of audited information at HIRE.audit_trail table.
          I created a testing oracle 11.2 database with HIRE user and objects at window 2008 . ALTER SYSTEM SET audit_trail=db SCOPE=SPFILE;

SHUTDOWN;

STARTUP;

I grant lots of other user to select,insert,update on tables at HIRE schema.
          I need to audit HIRE owner tables accessed and data changes by multiple users.
          But I did not see HIRE.audit_trail table.
          That means do I need to run command AUDIT ALTER, GRANT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
          ON HIRE? I got message as ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Or I only check oracle built audit view for audit results?

Thanks

newdba
          You created a user.
          You created a table belonging to that user. You just happened to name that table "audit_trail". Oracle doesn't care. There's nothing magic about a table name. By what mechanism would you expect Oracle to start using that table for any audit info?

Oracle keeps its own audit tables. The standard DBA_AUDIT* views are how oracle exposes the audit information it collects.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/network.112/e16543/auditing.htm#DBSEG006