This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2013 3:13 PM by 946717 RSS

Installing G.I.:[INS-40916] Single-instance version of  (CSS) are detected

946717 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am configuring Grid Infrastructure 11g2 on node A, one of two cluster nodes, and getting the following message:
[INS-40916] Single-instance versions of Cluster Synchronization Services (CSS) are detected.

I executed runInstaller and installed software-only on both A and B nodes. It apparently the other node has already CSS instance running, and maybe caused by the installation.

Should I remove the software from A first?

How do I stop CSS on the node A, and let the configuratoin to continue on this node B

Thanks!
  • 1. Re: Installing G.I.:[INS-40916] Single-instance version of  (CSS) are detected
    damorgan Oracle ACE Director
    Before installing RAC it is always advisable to read the docs.

So, rather than providing you with an answer that will only allow you to bump into the next obstacle, my recommendation is that you push yourself away from the keyboard and read the RAC installation, configuration, and management docs which I am quite confident you have not done given what appears to be a required basic operating system level step not performed.
  • 2. Re: Installing G.I.:[INS-40916] Single-instance version of  (CSS) are detected
    946717 Newbie
    I am new with the installation. I am following this document:
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e24321.pdf

I have done all required elements on both A and B, now i come to charpter 3, Oracle Grid Infrastructure.
    I have also created oarcle asm disks on both two nodes.

As I understand, before install the database, I have to install Grid Infrastructure first. So, I execuated ./runInstaller on node A, and B, choose "Install Grid Infrasture software only" installation options on both nodes. Both seem successful.

Now I am running /u01/app/11.2.0/grid/crs/config/config.sh on node B, and getting that error message.

I'd love to do as your suggested, stay away with the keyboard, and read the documents first.

But, I am stuck now. Would you please tell me. Should I remove the software from node A, and just run config.sh on B, and push the software to A from B?

other than the document I put at the beginning of the message, what documents specifically I need to read first?

Please advice. Thanks!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points