5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2013 10:50 PM by Abhinav RSS

wsHTTP Bindings in ESB

I am trying to import a Dot Net web service into my Oracle ESB and am having an issue with the service that uses wsHTTP bindings. The ones that use basicHTTP work fine and I can import those without a problem. Actually the issue occurs when I try to create a business service from the imported WSDL. I get the following error but when I try to add the OWSM security policy the list is blank and there is nothing to apply? Has anyone done this or can tell me why the list is blank? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling already.

[OSB Kernel:398133]The service is based on WSDL with Web Services Security Policies that are not natively supported by Oracle Service Bus. Please select OWSM Policies - From OWSM Policy Store option and attach equivalent OWSM security policy. For the Business Service, either you can add the necessary client policies manually by clicking Add button or you can let Oracle Service Bus automatically pick and add compatible client policies by clicking Add Compatible button.

Oracle Service Bus 11gR1
        • 1. Re: wsHTTP Bindings in ESB
          Abhinav
          Hi Miler,
          but when I try to add the OWSM security policy the list is blank and there is nothing to apply?
          This is common behavior, as you might not have added Oracle Service Bus OWSM Extension & Oracle WSM Policy Manager to your OSB domain.

To use Oracle Web Services Manager policies in Oracle Service Bus, you must create the proper database schemas using RCU for the Oracle Web Services Manager policy store, then extend an Oracle Service Bus domain to include Oracle Web Services Manager.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/dev.1111/e15866/owsm.htm#CHDJFDAI
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/dev.1111/e15866/owsm.htm#CHDBIJHD
          • 2. Re: wsHTTP Bindings in ESB
            OK, so I got the OWSM installed and connected to the server instance and ESB. I still have an issue though when I try to add policies to the business service. So when I click the From OWSM Policy Store radio button and click the add compatible button it tell me that there are no compatible policies available. If I click add I see policies in the list. Is there something that I need to download and install into the store to handle wsHttp bindings. If there is a tutorial on this that would be great.
            • 3. Re: wsHTTP Bindings in ESB
              Abhinav
              WsHttpBinding supports WS-* specification. WS-* specifications are nothing but standards to extend web service capabilities.

OWSM Policies,
              From OWSM Policy Store

If a WSDL used to create a business service contains embedded standard WS-Security policies, Oracle Service Bus throws an error and displays a conflict. To resolve this conflict, replace the embedded WSDL policies with compatible Oracle Web Services Manager policies by selecting From OWSM Policy Store and clicking Add Compatible. Oracle Service Bus makes a best-effort attempt at finding the closest matching policy from the Oracle Web Services Manager policy store based on the standard policy embedded in the WSDL. The algorithm may return zero, one, or multiple matching policies.

WLS 9 Policies,

From WSDL - Select this option if the service policy is associated with the WSDL upon which the service is based. These policies support WS-Security 1.0, SAML 1.1, and other industry standards.

With this option you can view (read-only) request and response policies from the WSDL.

If you receive an error in the business service configuration about WS-Security Policies not supported by Oracle Service Bus, use the From OWSM Policy Store option to replace the embedded WSDL policies with compatible OWSM policies.

Regards,
              Abhinav Gupta

Edited by: Abhinav on Mar 15, 2013 10:30 AM
              • 4. Re: wsHTTP Bindings in ESB
                Actually that is exactly the issue I am having. If I press the add policies button nothing is added in either instance and I still have the conflict.
                • 5. Re: wsHTTP Bindings in ESB
                  Abhinav
                  Miller,

Please check the Admin/OSB server logs, there it would be throwing detailed error/conflict description.

Regards,
                  Abhinav Gupta