This discussion is archived
14 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 5:43 AM by SunilSharma RSS

LOGIN FAIL BI ANSWERS

987032 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I was getting the jms test error under the BIP Scheduler configuration so in order to rectify it i followed the steps in https://cn.forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=10678840
but it has effected and the server went down...then i followed the http://shivabizint.wordpress.com/2012/10/15/how-to-reset-the-lost-weblogic-admin-user-password/
and got the server up but this time the logins are not working in Dev environment,it says invalid username and pwd.
its workin well in prod environment.
so,i m not sure how to get the users login.

Thank you again and i need help!!

Edited by: 984029 on Mar 14, 2013 10:14 PM

Edited by: 984029 on Mar 14, 2013 10:15 PM
  • 1. Re: LOGIN FAIL BI ANSWERS
    Turbokat Pro
    So you reset weblogic password and your server was up .?? Does this mean you were trying to start server with wrong. Password or have you changed any password while troubleshooting .??Something does not add up here .. please rephrase. !
  • 2. Re: LOGIN FAIL BI ANSWERS
    Sasi Nagireddy Expert
    Check the boot properties file in the below Path

C:\Middleware\Oracle_BI\bifoundation\Adminserver\bootproperties.xml file ...

Check whether the user name and password are fine.if they are not correct,Modify that accordingly and restart the server,It will work.

Do let me know the updates?

Thanks.
  • 3. Re: LOGIN FAIL BI ANSWERS
    987032 Newbie
    hi nagireddy,

i checked the boot properties and the username and pwd are all in encrypted way and m not sure what is the correct username and pwd that shud be there.....
    i made sure that the pwd for system.user under EM/credentials/system.user is the same as the BISystemUser under WLS users and groups as od BIADMIN and did restart of services but still the login fails in DEV....its not workin!!

please advice!!
  • 4. Re: LOGIN FAIL BI ANSWERS
    987032 Newbie
    hi SSVS,

i tried to define the pwd for bisystemuser thinkin it wud work and i guess thats the whole reason of this login fail as bisystemuser had a pwd already and now i cant get it right back to all logins workin.....could you please tell me how to reset to previous setup wid bisystemuser as its in several locations.....em/wl/jms modules.....

Thank you in advance!!
  • 5. Re: LOGIN FAIL BI ANSWERS
    Turbokat Pro
    Hello,

Ahh now I see why you get log in failed.

Synchronise these passwords as follows:

BISYSTEM password
    a) From the WebLogic Server Console Home page:
    i.click on Summary of Security Realms
    ii.click on myrealm
    iii.click on Users and Groups
    iv.click on BISystemUser
    v.correct the password and save the change

b) In Enterprise Manager:
    i.click on weblogic domain
    ii.click on bifoundation_domain
    iii.click on Security
    iv.click on Credentials
    v.click on oracle.bi.system
    vi.click on system.user
    vii.correct the password and save the change

Refer to : http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/bi.1111/e10543/privileges.htm

Hope this helps. Mark if it does.

Thanks,
    SVS
  • 6. Re: LOGIN FAIL BI ANSWERS
    987032 Newbie
    hi ssvs,

quick question - what is the default pwd for bisystemuser?? and shud the bisystemuser be in defaultauthenticator/adauthenticator under provider

as i tried to define same pwd in both locations u specified but it doesn't work.....mean i can login to wls,em using bisystemuser but not into answers....as i dont know the pwd i cant chek the same in prod env.

kindly suggest!!
  • 7. Re: LOGIN FAIL BI ANSWERS
    SunilSharma Expert
    you can set any password you want for bisystemuser for eg weblogic etc . but make sure that the password is updated in both the places as below:

BISYSTEM password
    ii.click on myrealm
    iv.click on BISystemUser

iii.click on Security
    iv.click on Credentials
    vi.click on system.user
    vii.correct the password and save the change

if you have integrated with Active Directory the you will have 2 bisystemuser one for default and one for AD. But depending upon the providers you re-ordered in Weblogic for eg if you have the AD as primary authenticator then it will use the bisystemuser related to AD, vice-versa for defaultauthenticator.

if you did the weblogic pwd reset make sure you update the same in bootproperties file under Adminserver and managedserver security folder. and then restart the service it should come up and you should be able to login into analytics using weblogic id and the password you have set for weblogic during installation.

Also check the sawlog.log for the error you see when users login to analytics and paste the log file here. So that we can diagnose further if the above solution didnt help you out.

Thanks,
    RM
  • 8. Re: LOGIN FAIL BI ANSWERS
    Turbokat Pro
    Its a random password generated during installation which there is not way to decipher and find out.

Only way to sync these password is to reset them as per the documentation.

Now is this any environment where you can re-create all BISystem user, roles and so on ?

then you might want to follow '[Nqserror: 43126] Authentication Failed: Invalid User/Password' Error Occurs In OBI EE 11g when BI System User becomes locked [ID 1269094.1]

let me know if you can , then we can troubleshoot from there.

Hope this helps. Pls mark if it does.

Thanks,
    SVS
  • 9. Re: LOGIN FAIL BI ANSWERS
    987032 Newbie
    Hi RM,

Thanks for the input but am afraid the issue is still there and the sawlog.log file is below and i do have bisystemuser in Default and AD provider and the password at em/credentials/system.user key is same as the bisystemuser password under Default provider and admin group is added to this user but i am unable to add group to bisystemuser under AD provider and i am unable to edit it as well.

request your input!! and thanks once again.

[2013-03-19T13:40:37.000+10:00] [OBIPS] [NOTIFICATION:1] [] [saw.securitysubsystem.checkauthentication.runimpl] [ecid: 68a0bfed45ae0015:5462bcc7:13d7ce1cf50:-8000-00000000000026e6,0:1:1] [tid: 3784] Authentication Failure.
    Odbc driver returned an error (SQLDriverConnectW).
    State: 08004. Code: 10018. [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: 08004] [nQSError: 10018] Access for the requested connection is refused.
    [nQSError: 43113] Message returned from OBIS.
    [nQSError: 43126] Authentication failed: invalid user/password. (08004)[[
    File:checkauthentication.cpp
    Line:1316
         saw.securitysubsystem.checkauthentication.runimpl
         saw.threadpool.asynclogon
         saw.threads
    ecid: 68a0bfed45ae0015:5462bcc7:13d7ce1cf50:-8000-00000000000026e6,0:1:1
    ThreadID: 3784
    ]]
  • 10. Re: LOGIN FAIL BI ANSWERS
    987032 Newbie
    hi ssvs,

thanks for the input but i have attached my sawlog.log file and the issue still persists.....please help as its been over a week now and i did all the steps as like same pwd in 2 em,wls locations.....refresh guids.....restart servers but NQS 43126 Error is still there??

thanks in advance!!
  • 11. Re: LOGIN FAIL BI ANSWERS
    SunilSharma Expert
    It looks like your default authenticator is AD Provider. So do the below:

BISYSTEM password
    ii.click on myrealm
    iv.click on BISystemUser (it should be AD provider one not the default one). You can click on customize table and type the filter as BIS* it will list 2 bisystemuser for each of the providers. you should select the bisystemuser for AD and change the password

iii.click on Security
    iv.click on Credentials
    vi.click on system.user
    vii.correct the password and save the change(it should be same as above change in console)

after this restart entire OBIEE including admin,managed,opmn services.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
    RM
  • 12. Re: LOGIN FAIL BI ANSWERS
    Turbokat Pro
    Hello,

Can check for your AdminServer.log for "Replication" and "BISystemUser" and let me know if you find errors there .?

I am looking for something like 'bi_server1': Error Transmitting Change'.

Thanks,
    SVS
  • 13. Re: LOGIN FAIL BI ANSWERS
    987032 Newbie
    hi RM,

i am unable to change the password for the bisystemuser under AD Provider...under Lock&Edit it just says Error Result and Error must be corrected before proceeding under messages and i am unable to add any group to this user as well but under the EM credentials/BI System role we have the 2 users BISystemUser and bisystemuser.....but its configured in the sameway under my prod environment and strangely I am able to login to answers without failure.....all the settings in my dev/prod are same but am having login issues in dev....how do i edit and clear the issue??....kindly suggest....

Thanks in advance!!
  • 14. Re: LOGIN FAIL BI ANSWERS
    SunilSharma Expert
    Oh ok. Just restart the Admin and managed Server and then try to reset the password for BISystemuser under AD. Then you wont have any issues/errors when you are trying to edit the users/adding groups.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points