8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2013 12:18 AM by user13468339 RSS

PDF not able to open in new pop window

user13468339 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

• 1. Re: PDF not able to open in new pop window
    Sudipto Desmukh Expert
    User ,
    You always need to provide more details for anyone to help you.
    Writing threads with just the sibject won't do any good :)
    Read this before you post https://forums.oracle.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=56

Btw , see if this is what you need - http://learn-adf.blogspot.com/2012/05/adf-open-pdf-file-in-new-window-or-in.html
  • 3. Re: PDF not able to open in new pop window
    Frank Nimphius Employee ACE
    ... he said more information, not less :-(

Frank
  • 4. Re: PDF not able to open in new pop window
    user13468339 Newbie
    Hi Frank,

Sorry for that.

Please find the details

I am having a JSPX page inside which a simple portlet I have placed and withing that portlet I am trying to use a HREF link to open a pdf file.

But it's not getting opened and when I change the target from blank to self it opens in the same window but when I try to open with _blank it is not coming up.

Note: I have just added the single qoute for href so that you can see the complete below code.
    Please help.

<a 'href="/test/pdf/OTPReport/test.pdf"' target="_blank">January 2013</a> '

Thanks
    Chetan
  • 5. Re: PDF not able to open in new pop window
    user13468339 Newbie
    Hi Frank,

Sorry for that.

Please find the details

I am having a JSPX page inside which a simple portlet I have placed and withing that portlet I am trying to use a HREF link to open a pdf file.

*But it's not getting opened and when I change the target from blank to self it opens in the same window but when I try to open with _blank it is not coming up.*

Note: I have just added the single qoute for href so that you can see the complete below code.
    Please help.

*<a 'href="/test/pdf/OTPReport/test.pdf"' target="_blank">January 2013 '*

Thanks
    Chetan
  • 6. Re: PDF not able to open in new pop window
    user13468339 Newbie
    Hi Frank,

Sorry for that.

Please find the details

Environment: Jdeveloper 11.1.1.1.6

*But it's not getting opened and when I change the target from blank to self it opens in the same window but when I try to open with _blank it is not coming up.*

Please help.

*<a 'href="/test/pdf/OTPReport/test.pdf"' target="_blank">January 2013 '*

Thanks
    Chetan

Edited by: user13468339 on Mar 17, 2013 11:57 PM
  • 7. Re: PDF not able to open in new pop window
    user404 Pro
    First of all, why do you use HTML tags instead of adf tags?
    Second, the target attribute (_blank, _new, ...) is not handled the same in all the browsers so which one are you testing in?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 8. Re: PDF not able to open in new pop window
    user13468339 Newbie
    Hi,

We are actually migrating the ADF 10g application to 11g using Jdeveloper 11g(11.1.1.6) and in the existing 10g the same code is used and it's working and also in 11g when i use the same code it works fine when I change the the target to self from blank.
    Currently we are using trinidad components.
    But the requirement is to open the content in the new pop window and not on the same window.

Thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points