4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2013 3:09 AM by VineetTripathi RSS

Handling parentAction using bean in adf

VineetTripathi
      Hi,

I have a requirement to control navigation flow in the application. I am having the BTF's, which has a parentAction. I want to handle parentAction using bean.
        • 1. Re: Handling parentAction using bean in adf
          Timo Hahn
          User, please tell us your jdev version!

Can you tell us why you want to do this (meaning what is the use case)?
          What do you want to control in the bean?
          In the parent task flow you can set the parent outcome to a bean method and then you have control in the bean.

Timo
          • 2. Re: Handling parentAction using bean in adf
            Frank Nimphius-Oracle
            Hi,

what is it that you want to handle? If you wanted to programmatically perform the parent action activity just link it with a wildcard icon so it becomes navigable from anywhere in the bounded task flow. Then you can return its navigation case string from the return of an action command.

Frank
            • 3. Re: Handling parentAction using bean in adf
              VineetTripathi
              Hi Timo,     

In my application I have a navigation block which is available as a facet in many view pages. Now user navigates to different view pages which are included in their respective BTFs.

So the scenario is application have a pop-up invoked from this navigation block and will returns to same BTF ( main BTF ) using parent action. However, when user click on one navigation link (like person) then click on the second navigation link (like popup block).

All works fine here, but when user repeats the same step again, then while clicking the first navigation link (like person) it will perform the second navigation link action (and invoke the popup block).
              So I want to use the parent action using beans, to handle and redirect to the particular action of the parent BTF.

Thanks,
              Vineet
              • 4. Re: Handling parentAction using bean in adf
                VineetTripathi
                Hi Frank,

In my application I have a navigation block which is available as a facet in many view pages. Now user navigates to different view pages which are included in their respective BTFs.

So the scenario is application have a pop-up invoked from this navigation block and will returns to same BTF ( main BTF ) using parent action. However, when user click on one navigation link (like person) then click on the second navigation link (like popup block).

All works fine here, but when user repeats the same step again, then while clicking the first navigation link (like person) it will perform the second navigation link action (and invoke the popup block).
                So I want to use the parent action using beans, to handle and redirect to the particular action of the parent BTF.

Thanks,
                Vineet