2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2013 11:12 PM by sandy121 RSS

Problem in EM console regarding Data Guard Cofiguration

sandy121
      I have dataguard configuration with one physical standby database along with dgbroker configured & running, while going through Enterprise Management console in primary db , I am not to see the standby database under High Availability Console page in section "Standby Databases", why it is not coming ,any ideas or hints to rectify it will be highly appreciated. DB version installed is Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition - 11.2.0.1.0, thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Problem in EM console regarding Data Guard Cofiguration
          mseberg
          Hello;

To monitor a Standby target you need to connect as sysdba.

You might need to change the default username parameter from 'dbsnmp' to 'sys'

Go to targets and then select the databases tab and select your database ( just put the green dot next to it, don't click on the database name link ). At the the top/bottom of the targets page, hit the configure button.

In this page, hit the dropdown box first and select 'AS SYSDBA'.

Depending upon your version of EM you might have to manually add the database first.

Best Regards

mseberg
          • 2. Re: Problem in EM console regarding Data Guard Cofiguration
            sandy121
            I am logged into EMconsole as sys. My databases are already added in DG broker configuration, do I again need to add it from EM console , as I am not able to db's from EM console page, please advice, if so,what will be process